Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,165 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not great quality -

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I wouldn't stand so close to those eggs! :o

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2016, 09:19:44 AM

https://t.co/d6R2zFoOQB

That's really wonderful, likenesses aside. I love all the lil details, never seen this one before.

windebieste

windebieste

It's the art for one of the HG Toys jigsaw puzzles from 1979.  There were 4 different jigsaws produced.

To my understanding, Veronica Cartwright read lines for Ripley during her audition.  I'm guessing at some stage, there was a change of plan to cast her in that role and no one told HG Toys or the art had been finalised for the jigsaw and was too late to change.  I believe Cartwright didn't find out she had the character swap to Lambert until she turned up on set for her first day of shooting.  I don't know if that's accurate or not.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was. 

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 24, 2016, 12:30:57 AM
It's the art for one of the HG Toys jigsaw puzzles from 1979.  There were 4 different jigsaws produced.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/weyland-ycorporation/images/6/6d/Alien_alien_jigsaw.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20140315154555

To my understanding, Veronica Cartwright read lines for Ripley during her audition.  I'm guessing at some stage, there was a change of plan to cast her in that role and no one told HG Toys or the art had been finalised for the jigsaw and was too late to change.  I believe Cartwright didn't find out she had the character swap to Lambert until she turned up on set for her first day of shooting.  I don't know if that's accurate or not.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was. 

-Windebieste.
Too bad.I'd much prefer to see Ms Cartwright strip down to her knickers instead. ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thats one sweet puzzle then, I would have loved to have that in my collection.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Bat-Xenomorph drawn by TMNT co-creator, Peter Laird.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Vermillion

Vermillion

Love it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's one of Locusta's, I do believe.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Indeed it is.

426Buddy

426Buddy

found this one on the internetz, kind of cool but a lil out there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's part of a bigger picture that made the rounds last year:

Modern day Xenoborg!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed