Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,190 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 22, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
One goof I can't unsee are Ash's lack of legs as he leaps on Ripley and Lambert has a go at his torso with the cattle-prod. You can also see a member of the production crew fanning smoke as Ripley runs past him in the Nostromo  :laugh:

The second one I can never un-see but I've never noticed the first one.  :laugh:
It's after she fails to abort the self destruct and runs through the corridors that are pumping gas. Keep an eye out, you'll see the guy before a cut.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's the one I can't unsee! It's the Lambert/Ash one I've never noticed.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's really obvious, but again, your eyes are drawn to Parker trying to fight him off so at the same time it's easy to miss.

Vertigo

Vertigo

The only shot in the first film that really bothers me is the transition from model Ash head to Ian Holm poking out of a table. Probably wouldn't even be bothered by that if they had a long shot separating the two, or used different angles for the two effects.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is an awful cut. That smile doesn't help either.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah the ash head always gets me, so bad. I never see any of these other mistakes in the films or other movies for that matter. Maybe I just don't have an eye for detail to catch that stuff without knowing about it beforehand.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 07:57:04 PM
It is an awful cut. That smile doesn't help either.

It's such an anomaly in an otherwise perfectly edited movie. It's stunningly amateur, it always makes me grind my teeth  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I remember hearing that the fake Holm head they made unexpectedly shrank when it dried, and they didn't have the time or money to make another.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2016, 08:29:02 PM
I remember hearing that the fake Holm head they made unexpectedly shrank when it dried, and they didn't have the time or money to make another.

I do believe you're correct. It was in the docs.

The one time I saw Alien in a cinema, that cut had the cinema laughing. It made me cringe so bad.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Ok. Back to Best pic of an Alien talk

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Righty-o

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nice never seen that one! Looks like a shot right before the lead hits it maybe I dunno.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 23, 2016, 12:30:50 AM

I do so love the creepy lips on that thing.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed