Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,099 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 18, 2016, 04:49:33 PM
Star Wars vs. Aliens would be a new kind of awesome. 

"In space, no one can hear you use the force."
Or the facehugger is with you luke.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 18, 2016, 04:43:26 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 18, 2016, 04:35:57 PM
I agree.  We need to go full Gigeresque in every way on the next film.  I think the fandom in general has been on a sub-conscious level waiting for that Giger-world for a long time.  Seeing a Giger-world, and Giger Aliens would be the ultimate pay-off..

If Arthur Max is involved I doubt we'll get Giger environments and monsters like the first movie.

He is not, thankfully. He's been replaced.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 05:32:52 PM
I agree.  We need to go full Gigeresque in every way on the next film.  I think the fandom in general has been on a sub-conscious level waiting for that Giger-world for a long time.  Seeing a Giger-world, and Giger Aliens would be the ultimate pay-off..

If Arthur Max is involved I doubt we'll get Giger environments and monsters like the first movie.

Wow, there we go. I wonder if he tried to put his foot down.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 18, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 05:32:52 PM

Wow, there we go. I wonder if he tried to put his foot down.

Not sure if he was ever signed on in the first place, IMDb notwithstanding.
Personally I suspect he just wanted to feel what it's like to be an actual production designer for a change and to be able to do what he wants instead of Ridley always telling him what to do.

Here's a recent video interview with him in which he briefly mentions Alien: Covenant and his next project near the end.
http://collider.com/production-designer-arthur-max-the-martian-interview-ridley-scott/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Back when Prometheus was Alien. It's Messing or Huante. Not sure.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Is that supposed to be the Belugamorph? The bulbous front of the head looks similar.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There are other variations with less bulgy front. But no, I believe this is supposed to be the usual Alien. The Beluga was substantially whiter.

The Runner from that Soldiers. Inc Facebook game. I never got past the tutorials on that one.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2016, 09:25:16 AM

Looks like Huante to me

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 19, 2016, 11:21:05 AM

Looks like Huante to me

I really dig that design, hope to see something along those lines in covenant.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

That is so penisy.

426Buddy

426Buddy

As it should be lol

Nothing like a lil sexual terror to go with your aliens  :o

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2016, 09:53:28 AM
Is that supposed to be the Belugamorph? The bulbous front of the head looks similar.

No, I think it's the ultramorph, which will hopefully be seen on screen sometime.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

HD Queen for all of y'all

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 20, 2016, 10:04:51 AM

Ah, that's the one which shows the neck mechanic. :) Sorry, but it's just branded in my brain.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 20, 2016, 10:04:51 AM

Thanks for that.  It is a really great James Cameron shot.  We have backlighting in blue / white which is being captured in the dense fog atmosphere, while essentially silhouetting the black queen.  We also have warm fire colors coming in from the front to highlight the features of the queen.  The contrast between cold blue and warm orange gives the image a great level of excitement and highlights James Cameron's style.  This has been mimicked many times since James Cameron, but he is the master.  This has been an essential part of the sci-fi look and aesthetic since 1986.  Still brilliant...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed