Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,302 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm still rather fond of that empty skull under the cowl. I find that just as disturbing.

Puppet for Alien 3.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha. Not CGI.  :P That complaint never bothers me.  :P

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 04:15:51 PM
Haha. Not CGI.  :P That complaint never bothers me.  :P
Just annoys me when people complain about this masterpiece they say the CGI is crap.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 12:52:46 PM

Puppet for Alien 3.

Ha!  They're all wearing goggles to protect their eyes from potential acid...  ;-)

windebieste

windebieste

People who can't tell the difference between CGI and other special effects techniques should just STFU. 

Mind you, some of the mismatched lighting on the composited shots does hurt the film.  I'm hoping that one day it will get some digital tidying up work done on a future release. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AM
People who can't tell the difference between CGI and other special effects techniques should just STFU. 

I'd just say they'd need to do a bit of research and learn there were effect techniques before CG.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AMPeople who can't tell the difference between CGI and other special effects techniques should just STFU.

While normally I'd agree, some of the composited shots of the Alien puppet in the third film do kinda look like shitty 90s CGI. I can see why this particular myth is so rife, even if it's totally false.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 08, 2016, 09:02:24 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AMPeople who can't tell the difference between CGI and other special effects techniques should just STFU.

While normally I'd agree, some of the composited shots of the Alien puppet in the third film do kinda look like shitty 90s CGI. I can see why this particular myth is so rife, even if it's totally false.

That's actually quite the skill to take something real and make it look like CGI..

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 08, 2016, 09:02:24 AM

Compounded by the fact that there actually is a CGI shot of the Alien in the film. Which actually wasn't too shabby by early 90's standards.

Go figure...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 08, 2016, 01:48:59 PMCompounded by the fact that there actually is a CGI shot of the Alien in the film. Which actually wasn't too shabby by early 90's standards.

I know, right?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 08, 2016, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK link=topic=5780.msg2091900#msg2091900 jdate=1452243744

Compounded by the fact that there actually is a CGI shot of the Alien in the film. Which actually wasn't too shabby by early 90's standards.

Go figure...
could  you link the picture here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's when the head cracks at the end. Literally that. The cracks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A fantastic Aliens poster by Vance Kelly! Via dweebofthedead on Reddit. pic.twitter.com/4P5NTa6M35

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed