Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,284 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2015, 08:38:10 AM
I'm not keen on the pronounced upper jaw. Otherwise, I likes!
I don't mind the simian look from certain angles.Reminds me of Molasar from The Keep.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Marty1987 on Mar 07, 2015, 05:25:55 PMSeen this on DA

That's really cool, I like it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 06, 2015, 08:16:51 AM
This goes more for symbolism than accuracy but I still think it's pretty cool:

Love this. I tracked down the DeviantArt page, he says it's a manipulated photo of a limited edition model.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That, IMO, is considerably more horrific than the film version.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2015, 11:14:46 PM

That, IMO, is considerably more horrific than the film version.

Personally I think that the domeless alien from the first alien, in its' own way, is far more terrifying than the one without eyes:

Of course, the traditional eyeless alien is terrifying in other ways.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 10, 2015, 12:33:40 AMPersonally I think that the domeless alien from the first alien, in its' own way, is far more terrifying than the one without eyes:

Nah, I'm with Ridley, the eyeless one is far creepier. The one with the face kind of makes it seem more generic to me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I dunno, I find the absence of eyes in the socket quite creepy. I've always preferred that look.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Alien with dome-all teeth and faceless is more terrifying,with the victim having nothing to lock eyes onto(eyes,nose)but the metallic teeth.The glancing reveal of the Alien face-to-face with Lambert is a perfect example.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Skull under dome is subtle and terrifying.

Simple skull face is boring.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My ideal alien head would probably be the Stan Winston version with a more transparent version of the original dome restored to it.  I like that Winston's version of the dome-less skull lacks the human features.

Although there's something about the mouth/teeth of the original that I prefer as well.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

The idea it has a skull, perhaps with simple eyes, inside a protective membrane or cowl, or something, is far more interesting. It has this structure, this defined bony, ridged, skull that's both Human and long and extended and Alien, underneath this really translucent cowl. If it has eyes in there, why would it need a cowl over it? If it doesn't have eyes, then is that, actually it's skull?

There's so many questions. It's much more Alien. No eyes > Skull. It's more intriguing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 10, 2015, 09:36:30 PM

It's too subtle, in the finished product, I feel. I'd like a bit more translucency.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2015, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 10, 2015, 09:36:30 PM

It's too subtle, in the finished product, I feel. I'd like a bit more translucency.

That's fair. I think, you can do a lot with the glossy nature of it. Have it enter a lighted space, and the light shines through the empty hollow spaces within it and by extension, show the skull itself. I think that was what they were going for, but it didn't pull off as well as they wanted I'd imagine.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thnk the ocular and nasal cavities make the alien look too conventional.  If the translucent canopy is shed after a certain amount of time, we could account for the absence of them on the final (e.g. Winston's) head as being due to a new layer of polarized silicon covering over the vestigial traits of its host.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed