Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,094 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ 8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that's awesome.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: GQSioux on May 08, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

Some of these cast members I don't recognize at all. The two fellas kneeling?

Weaver and Paxton just have really good genes I suppose. And maybe because of that they went on to have more on camera work. (or more $ to have work done?  :laugh:)

WickerMan

WickerMan

That dog collar will never not be annoying  :-X

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 10, 2014, 06:59:55 PM
Quote from: GQSioux on May 08, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

Some of these cast members I don't recognize at all. The two fellas kneeling?

Weaver and Paxton just have really good genes I suppose. And maybe because of that they went on to have more on camera work. (or more $ to have work done?  :laugh:)

They aren't. The Alien is Abe. T. Alien. The two kneeling chaps are Andrew David Clark (left) who is producing the Alien Encounters documentary and organized the anniversary convention over here in the UK, the chap on the right is Darren Kemp who produced the fanfilm Aliens Epilogue. Lucky buggers. Well jel.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: bloodinthemud on May 10, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

O'Neal's only accidentally hitting some Aliens. He's actually aiming at the wall with rage at it daring to exist.

Xhan

Xhan

a sex thing

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Xhan on May 12, 2014, 07:30:39 PM
a sex thing
*shoots self*
*again*

Some more great Giger tribute pics popping up on the Devart.

Even though these pictures are extremely well done, no one gets the biomechanics even close. I don't know if it's thanks to AvP/Resurrection/Prometheus crap or just the modern trend to make everything look all fleshy and muscular, but I don't like it.

This one does better, and damn look at it:

Almost perfect, loses points for cat-flippy tail. I hate seeing the Alien in any media with f**king cat-flippy tail. :laugh: Artists think "dynamic" when they should think "f**king dumb." Other than that, one of the best Aliens I've seen in a long time.

That's not Locusta, is it? :laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I think the term you're looking for is "oil slick Alien" which is that terrible AVP shit, that only ever worked in Resurrection and at least their it had a unique demonic look, where-as AVP's are just bastardised.
Prometheus doesn't even have Xenomorphs, (leave it be) only a Deacon.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

No. The term I'm looking for is the term I used: 'biomechanics.' It means the alien looks like it's part machine and has very structured, mechanical-looking details all over it's body.

The modern trend is to make them fleshy, lumby, striated and sometimes even muscular. Prometheus is guilty of this with the Jockey's suit, that was sort of biomechanical, but a lot more 'bio' and less 'mechanical.' It looked lumpy, goopy almost, but it got closer than the AvP aliens.

The Deacon, just forget it. Goopy and stringy as f**k, no biomechanics to speak of. That sort of thing shits on Giger's design principles and everything that was Alien.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

No, I disagree.

I'm saying there are three classifications:

Giger's Biomechanics.

AVP/A:R- Oil slick Aliens.

Prometheus- Fleshy, bony Aliens.

And in Prometheus we have tons of Biomechanics, strange thing is certain elements are, others aren't.
The Derelict is one great example, especially from outside.
And the Engineer jumpsuit, where people still question if it is a suit or has his flesh been augmented.

But the actual "monsters" in that film where never trying to be Giger, with the exception of some early Fifield monster concepts.

That's why they get a pass from me.
As for the Deacon, it isn't goopy or stringy at all.
Maybe the inside of the mouth, but that's just gums.
It happens to be covered in Engineer blood and guts but the design is exactly what it needed to be- the most basic resemblance of an Alien. Plus if you look at it not covered in Engineer blood (I believe there is photos on Strange Shapes) I think the design, even lacking in Biomechanics is pretty spectacular.

It's the fact AVP says these are the Xenomorphs you know and love- and gets the design all f**ked up that really pisses me off.

SiL

SiL

He says there's no biomechanics in the creature design ... and then you say "No, you're wrong, there's no biomechanics in the creature design."

Dafuq, dude.

SM

SM

You're a biomechanici!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2014, 10:04:14 PM
You're a biomechanici!
WE are the biomechanics!

SiL

SiL

Long live the new flesh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed