Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,632,989 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

They will believe.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2014, 11:53:17 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 26, 2014, 12:02:33 AM

Where's that from?
From an AMPAS animatronics exhibit several years back.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2014, 05:48:48 AM
Gino Acevedo - the guy with the hugger - used to work for ADI before moving to Weta to paint Gollum and do cameos as a pirate in Return of the King.
SM is correct (as usual ;D ), that is Gino Acevedo. He worked on the royal hugger and I tell ya what, that is one frightening hugger.  :o I googled ALIEN 3 Facehugger and found that pic. There are a few more behind the scenes pictures out there and it's kind of a shame he worked on that for so long only for the hugger to appear in one scene shot of Murphy holding it up in the Assembly Cut.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I like one of the Scenes from the first "demo" of Aliens CM... shows the aliens on the beam

Alien³

Alien³

"Got ya!"

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

That last photo,apart from the lack of dorsal tubes looks close to the original.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It is, gorgeous and overlooked IMO.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 01, 2014, 09:30:43 PM
It is, gorgeous and overlooked IMO.
Yes,i find the Alien Runner to be underrated IMO,it's my second favourite after the original.

SM

SM

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 01, 2014, 08:16:39 PM
That last photo,apart from the lack of dorsal tubes looks close to the original.

Apart from the lack of dorsal tubes, the different mouth, neck, shoulders, shoulder pads, ribs...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If SM were making an Alien movie with total creative control, how would the alien itself look?

SM

SM

What do you reckon?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You'd probably tell the ADI guys to just go with their gut.

Gash

Gash

Locusta's 3D artwork is entirely faithful to Giger, sans ripped and rippled latex. It would be nice to see it like that again.

I'm not keen on the Runner's multitude of skinny ribs but it gains a lot of kudos for reinstating the dome that was such an intrinsic element of the original.

Valaquen

Valaquen

But SM is right, the Runner is wildly different from the original Alien in pretty much every way. The only real similarities are the dome and the extra pinky finger. In body design and aesthetics the Aliens from the second movie are much, much closer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed