Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,032 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 07, 2013, 10:26:20 PM
as frankly having it come out of a pet is a step of nastiness too far for me

Because coming out of a human being is better?

Poor Kane. Nobody loves him.  ;D

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

It is different. Coming out of an animal is worse because we see them as helpless. Humans on the other hand are not.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 08, 2013, 12:12:49 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 07, 2013, 10:26:20 PM
as frankly having it come out of a pet is a step of nastiness too far for me

Because coming out of a human being is better?

Poor Kane. Nobody loves him.  ;D

YES. In my ideal world, Tumescia, a thousand humans would die to save the life of one domestic annelid, let alone a doggy.
Seriously though, in films I find it's always more distressing for bad things to happen to an animal than a person. I don't think I'm alone in this.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 08, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
YES. In my ideal world, Tumescia, a thousand humans would die to save the life of one domestic annelid, let alone a doggy.
Seriously though, in films I find it's always more distressing for bad things to happen to an animal than a person. I don't think I'm alone in this.

:laugh:

No, you're not. Even Ridley Scott instinctively felt the same way about Jones the cat. Saving the cat became such a big deal at the end of Alien.

I just think it's amusing that watching a nice human being get his chest torn asunder is somehow scaled as less-than a dog. That's not even a sleight against pets. It's just odd to me.

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 08, 2013, 12:40:08 AM
It is different. Coming out of an animal is worse because we see them as helpless. Humans on the other hand are not.

So Kane wasn't helpless?

I'm pretty sure there was nothing he could do about the 16 inch toothed wang-worm monster coming out of his chest.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

He didn't have to peek into that egg. Spike was just being a dog. Human curiosity is their downfall.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 08, 2013, 03:02:20 AM
He didn't have to peek into that egg. Spike was just being a dog. Human curiosity is their downfall.

The curiosity of dog's is often what get's them injured in the first place. Of most animals, in fact.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 08, 2013, 12:40:08 AM

Normally I'd agree but once the facehugger grabs you, anyone is helpless.

SM

SM

A rottweiler is helpless?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When it has a chestburster bursting out of it, yes.

Gash

Gash

Where's the pictures?  :-*

Master

Master

I`m looking for picture/concept from Alien where we can see Space Jockey/ Jockay Alien outside Derelict. I really need this picture for presentation I`m doing currently.

EDIT:

Ok. I found it.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Master on Mar 18, 2013, 12:22:57 PM
I`m looking for picture/concept from Alien where we can see Space Jockey/ Jockay Alien outside Derelict. I really need this picture for presentation I`m doing currently.

EDIT:

Ok. I found it.
I'm puzzled by what picture you have in mind. Could you show it?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Alien picture please :D

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 08, 2013, 03:02:20 AMHe didn't have to peek into that egg. Spike was just being a dog. Human curiosity is their downfall.

There was an egg?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 18, 2013, 02:53:09 PM
Alien picture please :D

I've always liked the background in your avatar pic, but that Alien's head looks really big.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed