Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,259 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 07, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
Or, you simply cut the shot of the egg and leave it a mystery.

So, uh... How'd the egg get there?

That's a longer story.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 07, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
Or, you simply cut the shot of the egg and leave it a mystery.

Yup. Facehuggers stowing away onboard the ship makes more sense than the egg.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Gates on Mar 07, 2013, 06:01:28 PM
Hahaha, I commend your confidence..! But no-effing-way ANYONE can make that egg work... ;)
Egg wasn't even in the script -- that was just a stupid insert shot done in LA a few months before release. Originally there was only the facehugger somehow on board the ship, and fan wanking that is a piece of cake.

Alien³

Alien³

Yep, cut the egg shot and record a new female computer voice over the opening credits who explains the presence of an unknown lifeform on the dropship before it left Hadleys Hope.

"BISHOP? GODDAMN YOU!"

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 06:15:28 PM
Yep, cut the egg shot and record a new female computer voice over the opening credits who explains the presence of an unknown lifeform on the dropship before it left Hadleys Hope.

"BISHOP? GODDAMN YOU!"
Or not.

Alien³

Alien³

The "Bishop goddamn you" part was a joke.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 07, 2013, 06:12:52 PM
Yup. Facehuggers stowing away onboard the ship makes more sense than the egg.

Problem is we've never really known a face hugger to do anything involving prolonged deception. They have a need to procreate. So why wouldn't it have attacked Newt, Ripley, or Hicks sooner?

I mean, between the twilight zone egg, and the hugger appearance, I can buy the hugger better I guess, it's just... Eh...

Cvalda

Cvalda

It hid out in the landing legs or something, dropped out later and went in search of a face to hug. It's a Queen Facehugger, it's a crafty devil! ;D

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

it was curled up on the Queen's butt and jumped out when Ripley attacked her?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 07, 2013, 06:31:11 PM
it was curled up on the Queen's butt and jumped out when Ripley attacked her?

So, what... Like the alien equivalent of a mama's boy?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The only people who know where the egg is are the people who shot the scene, people who designed that set and perhaps ADI since they mustve been there with their egg

Alien³

Alien³

Man, it is a dream of mine to one day make a cut of the film. 8)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

What's stopping you?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 07, 2013, 07:10:16 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

What's stopping you?

Resources that Fox has tightly hidden at their HQ.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Personally, I think the Anthology assembly cut is probably more or less the best version of the footage possible. I prefer the oxburster to dog, as frankly having it come out of a pet is a step of nastiness too far for me. And Alien 3's other various flaws - that mysterious egg, bumping off beloved Aliens characters in the intro, some hammy performances, storyline wooliness, probably more I'm forgetting - are fundamental production problems which couldn't be fixed in the editing room.

The first two films, on the other hand... I've always felt the buildup to discovering the derelict in Alien dragged on for too long, and it seems there's some more killing footage out there (Brett's being the obvious one; I think they recycled some of Parker's for the final version). Some other changes I'd make, like a longer cutaway between Ash's prosthetic severed head and Ian Holm's talking equivalent, and a bit less strobe and more of the alien when Ripley's making her way to the Narcissus. And more basically, I've always had the feeling that there's more cool stuff lurking in the reels.

And Aliens, I'd have more footage of... the aliens. Shocker. On the umpteenth viewing it seems like the marines are being attacked by smoke machines more than anything else. One big improvement I'd love is seeing more shots of humans in the same frame as their assailants (which is also a major problem with The Terminator), but I'd imagine there wouldn't have been much of that left on the cutting room floor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed