Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,246 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Mar 05, 2013, 06:20:50 AM
aww... kitty

That brought to mind another monster....The Pixar one from Monsters Inc  ;)

Gates

Gates

I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it a hundred more -- while not my fav design, the Runner oozes so much f**king attitude I want it to win...mof**ka's got swag...

Elvis lips, FTW...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2013, 08:49:36 PM
I freaking love you.

I'm glad somebody does  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gates on Mar 05, 2013, 05:49:23 PM
I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it a hundred more -- while not my fav design, the Runner oozes so much f**king attitude I want it to win...mof**ka's got swag...

Now holla back, nigga.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Mar 04, 2013, 08:40:19 PM

GODDAMN! This is why I love Alien 3 so much. Look how hideous these stills are.
Haunting and grotesque, especially the bottom one.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Gates on Mar 05, 2013, 05:49:23 PM

Elvis lips, FTW...

It really is amazing that even tho it was already a third time weve seen the creature, Fincher still managed to give it a creepy and eerie factor and scare us again with and with single alien to that

Alien³

Alien³

The scene (especially the AC version) where it enters the infirmary is still terrifying. The music, the shot if the bed drooping, the reflections through water, Golic silently panicking, the runners feet gently resting on the floor.

;D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 05:03:28 PM
The scene (especially the AC version) where it enters the infirmary is still terrifying. The music, the shot if the bed drooping, the reflections through water, Golic silently panicking, the runners feet gently resting on the floor.

;D

For me a perfect cut would be a mix of TC and AC. For example, I think the dog bursting scene is phenomenally creepy and disturbing and shot, more so than chestbursting in any other movie. And the choice of a dog and a rottweiler is so great too. Those kind of dogs in horror movies always bring up creepy movies like Omen in my mind, so it was a great choice for Alien 3 (although in Omen it was a Doberman I think, but its semantics)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 07, 2013, 05:00:29 PM
It really is amazing that even tho it was already a third time weve seen the creature, Fincher still managed to give it a creepy and eerie factor and scare us again with and with single alien to that

Yup, it had so much friggen personality...I like my aliens to stand out, rather than be a horde (which is also cool in its own way, just a personal preferance :))...

Shame, really, what happened with A3 behind the scenes...so much potential for awesome... :-\

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I think despite all the logical flaws, its still a great movie with a very unique eerie atmosphere and human touch. Perhaps even bigger than in the other ones imo

Gates

Gates

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love it...but just imagine what it would be like if it was flawless (so-to-speak)...

Glory...

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Gates on Mar 07, 2013, 05:50:13 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love it...but just imagine what it would be like if it was flawless (so-to-speak)...

Glory...

The absolutely flawless version is somewhere on the cutting room floor. Man, what I wouldn't give to have all the shots, music cues, EVERYTHING, to make the ultimate cut. I can garrentee I'd be able to explain how that egg got there.

Gates

Gates

Hahaha, I commend your confidence..! But no-effing-way ANYONE can make that egg work... ;)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Maybe if someone recreated the Sulaco Hangar in high res CG and did a new shot of the egg where it's supposed to be you could make it work.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Or, you simply cut the shot of the egg and leave it a mystery.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed