Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,175 times)

Gash

Gash

I may have uploaded this before as I did it a long time ago, or I might have put it on another site, anyway... a blend of two images with tail added.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Gash on Feb 11, 2013, 04:55:47 PM
I may have uploaded this before as I did it a long time ago, or I might have put it on another site, anyway... a blend of two images with tail added.

Seem 'em before but not in such lovely quality :) Thanks!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"Lambert...will you marry me?"

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 11, 2013, 11:07:55 PM

"Lambert...will you marry me?"

"NOPE."

"NOPE.NOPE.NOPE.NOPE..."

Requiem28

Requiem28

Mus

Mus

Where are the other two backpipes, this ain't right.

Sorry for the double post, but I felt like trying something out in light of this note by Giger, from that Making of Alien 3 clip:

So here's a few sloppy shoops without the ~stupid useless pipes~

Original

No headrest

No pipes

No nothing

No more tentacle rape

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No more sexuality:

:D Interesting though. You can really see how the back pipes were pulled up in later designs.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'd never seen that one before, Mus... is it an actual pic of the suit?

Mus

Mus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 17, 2013, 09:37:35 PMInteresting though. You can really see how the back pipes were pulled up in later designs.
The pipes look kinda out of balance here without the headrest, guess they needed to accommodate for that when they got rid of it in the later films.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 17, 2013, 10:11:42 PM
I'd never seen that one before, Mus... is it an actual pic of the suit?
Yeah, it's a part of a set of pictures, but I barely ever see this one.

Also here's the whole picture of all the stuff Giger wasn't happy with about the first alien

And the unused design for Alien 3

I always wondered why the limbs are so plain on this one, there's hardly any detail on them. Apparently he's just really into that transparency thing, if you look at the first picture, the lack of transparency is one of the complaints about it. I know they tried it for the first movie with that jelly around the suit, and it looked goofy as hell, but I wonder how it would turn out if they did it properly for this one. You know, so that the whole limb would be translucent, like the dome, or the Queen's teeth. It could be all kinds of eerie.

And just because it looks so sleek in this one

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Thanks Mus.

Quote from: Mus on Feb 17, 2013, 10:41:15 PM

Best Alien design.. EVERRRRRRR. :P Only Giger could improve his original design X)

Mus

Mus

I'm not a big fan of the sword on its tail. Just the shape of it, it's a bit too flamboyant and sticks out so obtrusively. The hand blades on the other hand, those usually get a lot of criticism but I kinda like them. Again, the shape isn't that great, but it just reminds me of how cats will slide out their claws when they're stretching or something, there's just something about that mannerism, so graceful. I can totally imagine that feline alien getting its hand up on the victim's face and slowly bringing the blades out as it's getting all touchy feely. Bonus points if they were translucent like this

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 17, 2013, 10:55:02 PM
Thanks Mus.

Best Alien design.. EVERRRRRRR. :P Only Giger could improve his original design X)

Geez. That Alien has a damn sword on the end of its tail. Overkill much?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The lips and wolverine claws just kill it. Sword too.
Rest is nice.

The pipes look kinda out of balance here without the headrest, guess they needed to accommodate for that when they got rid of it in the later films.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Good hypotheticals, Mus. :)

The tubes could work without the dorsal spike, but they would need to be moved further up. The comics often did this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed