Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,233 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I think logically, if the warrior is older than Kane's son, it would be larger, even though the stuntmen in Aliens were much shorter than Badejo (I think the animatronic puppets were a sufficient size, though?).  So the artist went by the "film logic" rather than what was really going on.

The warrior does look too big though, as does the praetorian.  Brilliant art but they're almost as big as the queen, the latter being pretty much the same size.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Gash on Oct 05, 2012, 12:42:45 AM
Nice drawing, but why is the warrior bigger than the 'drone?' Kanes Son was a giant compared to the warriors.

not to the puppets.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 03, 2012, 08:31:53 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 02, 2012, 11:09:40 PM
This one's getting closer but the head is too fleshy and Predator-y.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5bem5INXG1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

this was kind of cool, but where dem' mandibles at? he looks weird.

The mandibles are there, you can see them clearly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 05, 2012, 12:41:41 AM
Apparently, according to that same article, the CG version is bigger, but I don't know by how much.
No, it was about the same size. Impression's given because the animatronic is only from the hips up. The legs do a lot of the job.

Noteworthy is that the Rod Puppet had the original Queen feet... the CGI model instead had the long 'Res' feet.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Kinda...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well the last one is sorta true...

Tip should be pointer though, lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 08, 2010, 02:34:11 PM
well this thread will die until new pics of the Alien Prequel surface anyways, we have no more content.
Hohohohohoho.

boostedlsj

boostedlsj

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 05, 2012, 08:30:43 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 08, 2010, 02:34:11 PM
well this thread will die until new pics of the Alien Prequel surface anyways, we have no more content.
Hohohohohoho.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Hey, at least we got new Giger artwork... I guess...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 05, 2012, 12:49:16 AM
I think logically, if the warrior is older than Kane's son, it would be larger, even though the stuntmen in Aliens were much shorter than Badejo (I think the animatronic puppets were a sufficient size, though?).  So the artist went by the "film logic" rather than what was really going on.

Yup. The "hero" performer is the one that is regarded as canon and intended for the film. So in the case of Alien, Badejo was the hero performer and his alien stood 7 feet tall. We dont count the other two stuntmen as actual representation of the alien. So in the case of Aliens, the puppets stood nearly 8 feet tall, therefore those aliens actually WERE bigger than Kanes Son. Stuntmen we of course dont count, some of them were the same as from the original Alien tho

The Runner

The Runner

StrangeShape nailed it.

Time for some of my stuff.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Getting better and better man.

Edvin

Edvin

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 05, 2012, 12:08:46 AM
Nope, the queen in ALIENS is the queen in the drawing.  The "empress" here is twice as big as the ALIENS queen - and is in fact based on the "queen," or as the artist calls it, the empress, in the Alien vs Predator movie, I believe.
the alien in AVP was still just a normal queen. empress is bullshit.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Hey, uhm is this the Alien3 prototype puppet on the shelve of FoxArchives?
Experts, anyone?

*edit*
Found it!
It's on Alien3 trading card #58:

Sorry, don't have a scanner atm.

The Runner

The Runner

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed