Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,239 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Calling in an Enforcement Droid to shoot that thing...

The Runner

The Runner

Why?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Many Angled One on Oct 03, 2012, 12:18:15 AMThat's not a predalien, it's Dark Horse' version of the praetorian.

I see, but it'd still make a good Predalien if you'd fix the jaws.

Edvin

Edvin

that looked cool and all until the Empress. and the queen looks so small...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If that's supposed to be an Empress, wouldn't that technically go against canon since there was a Queen in Aliens that looked just like that?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Nope, the queen in ALIENS is the queen in the drawing.  The "empress" here is twice as big as the ALIENS queen - and is in fact based on the "queen," or as the artist calls it, the empress, in the Alien vs Predator movie, I believe.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That was still a Queen.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

But the artist calls it an empress...I don't think any canon is being destroyed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

True. It just seemed odd to me.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I guess you could say Empress and Queen go hand in hand. It's just a guy's cool drawing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 05, 2012, 12:08:46 AM
Nope, the queen in ALIENS is the queen in the drawing.  The "empress" here is twice as big as the ALIENS queen - and is in fact based on the "queen," or as the artist calls it, the empress, in the Alien vs Predator movie, I believe.

Wow, the AVP Queen was that big? :o I knew it was a bit bigger, but not double in size...

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Do'h, i was exaggerating too much.

It's 14 feet high of ALIENS vs 20 feet high of AVP, according to http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm

Sorry!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wasn't just going by your post; the artwork had me thinking the same thing :P

But yeah, that makes more sense, haha.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Apparently, according to that same article, the CG version is bigger, but I don't know by how much.

Gash

Gash

Nice drawing, but why is the warrior bigger than the 'drone?' Kanes Son was a giant compared to the warriors.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed