Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,086 times)

SiL

SiL

It originally didn't have the pectoral muscles. Or the shoulder ones, I think -- Wang's early maquettes don't have them. I'm pretty sure after the movie came out someone even found a comment from the man himself saying he was confused as to why they were added, or something along those lines.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

You gotta have muscles, baby.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

was the predalien in avpr allways gonna have the dreadlocks?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Sep 08, 2012, 08:06:26 AM
It originally didn't have the pectoral muscles. Or the shoulder ones, I think -- Wang's early maquettes don't have them. I'm pretty sure after the movie came out someone even found a comment from the man himself saying he was confused as to why they were added, or something along those lines.
I would be thankful if you found it.

SiL

SiL

This wasn't it, but you can see that the sculpt doesn't have the muscles on it at this stage:

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/avpr-aliens-vs-predator-predalien-by-adi

Found this part interesting:

Quote ONE BOY'S IMPACT

That 80/20 proportion changed a bit when a 14-year old happened to be walking through the halls of Fox, saw the maquette and said "Wow! Cool Alien!" This observation led to much discussion about how to make it look more like a Predator, and some last minute adding of dreadlocks to increase the Predator feel.

This was the maquette, but doesn't have the comment:

http://aliensandpredators.tumblr.com/post/14319720895/predalien-concept-sculpture-by-steve-wang-via

Although interestingly that one does have the shoulder muscles, so they possibly just hadn't sculpted them yet in the pictures above.

Can't find the comments, though.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

So all in all, the 14 year old had better judgment than the adults working on the project?

Snowdog

Snowdog

So lets get this straight. If that kid kept his freaking mouth shut we would've got a better looking predalien ? That's really pathetic if a moviemaker can't even come up with his own vision of something and get influenced by every little fart he sees or hears. :-X

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah I knew a lot of that already -- the missing pecs on the maquette and all that. I was just really interested in such a comment from Mr. Steve.
Didn't know about that boy's comment though. Shouldn't have influenced anything really.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 08, 2012, 11:26:58 PM
Didn't know about that boy's comment though. Shouldn't have influenced anything really.

Of course if should have. I mean, we can't have the Alien looking too much like an Alien, now can we?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I like the idea of this as a Predalien

But make the mandibles a bit like this (four instead of two)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

facepalm.... they had a good design and they messed it up based on a 14 year old's comments....

wtf  :-\

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 08, 2012, 11:26:58 PM
Yeah I knew a lot of that already -- the missing pecs on the maquette and all that. I was just really interested in such a comment from Mr. Steve.
I figured you would've :P

Bummed I couldn't find the comment. Unless I'm entirely misremembering and it was just a comment on the photo, but I could'a sworn it was an upload by Wang himself with a comment by him. Hrm ???

Snowdog

Snowdog

SM

SM

KILLER BANANA!!!  :o

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I knew there was something fruity about that picture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed