Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,045 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

An Alien infected by the Thing?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

KingAngel of the Outer Gulf's worst nightmare.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 03, 2012, 06:34:41 PM
KingAngel of the Outer Gulf's worst nightmare.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

what a lovely crotch.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 03, 2012, 06:33:48 PM
An Alien infected by the Thing?

I want to see it fight the Queen. PLACE YER BETS

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

We already had this discussion a long time ago. and it's only obvious the The Thing would win simply because all it would need to do is TOUCH the Queen. Game over for her.

SM

SM

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 04, 2012, 01:24:03 AM
We already had this discussion a long time ago. and it's only obvious the The Thing would win simply because all it would need to do is TOUCH the Queen. Game over for her.

Acid blood could prove quite resilient, however.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2012, 01:26:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-Zqt4mUg#

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2012, 01:28:24 AM

Acid blood could prove quite resilient, however.

The Thing didn't come to Earth a noob.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But LV-426, that's a whole new story ;)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2012, 01:31:22 AM
But LV-426, that's a whole new story ;)

The Thing had already been there and done that by the time it flew past the place.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Ahem.

Here are the reasons why the Xenomorphs will win in the end.

1)Biological-Imperative
They change/evolve, fast mind you, to deal with the current threat of the hive.  They have a vast database of evolutionary responses at their disposal for dealing with there enemies.  Now your response has been "Well some die from guns so Biological-Imperative = 0 capabilities at best," or "they have been infected with black mold so the Thing can infect it too."

Well to counter your claims, I will point out that the whole reason Onslaught Genomes, Ravagers, and slew of other evolved Xenomorphs, is to COUNTER heavy weaponry, even vehicles or in the case of Ravagers, attack fortifications, and ships.  Their are Xenmorphs that have evolved and or as standard that can take pulse rifle rounds and bigger, and have no effect on them PERIOD.  You will notice in the stories that the humans constantly have new weapons in the stories, that is because the Aliens keep evolving to be more dangerous.  The only time they can't really evolve is if they do not have a Queen/Empress/War Empress/Queen Mother(on same planet)   Go ahead look at all the stories, the weapons get more and more advanced, bigger meaner.

As for chemical, and biological weapons used on them, I will point out that the black mold was used on a strange breed of alien, but if needed (like if the whole species were in danger) the Aliens can evolve to protect themselves from it.  I will also point out that the Juice that was effective at killing anything it touched in Xenogen, is no longer used on the aliens.  There THREE reasons WHY humans would stop using it on Xenomorphs,

1)They don't have the ingredients, to make it anymore( unlikely), The Queen Mother made them stop making/using the juice(possible), OR they evolved and it has no effect on them (more than likely because bio-imperative is one of their most powerful abilities.)

Also I will point out that when you do have the capabilities to protect yourself from diseases, infections, it is easier to protect yourself from said diseases than it is to defend yourself against ballistic weapons even if you have the armor.  So-much can go wrong when ballistics are concerned it isn't funny.  Lets say you got yourself a turtle shell, and a guy shots you right were your ribs should be with a S&W 500 anti-Trex 700 milligram round.  The shell probably wont let the bullet through HOWEVER the force from the shell will probably destroy your ribs, you could very well still die even though the bullet didn't get through the armor.  Antibiotics on the other hand if you are not allergic to them, and its the right type, will work 100%

The Aliens are constantly having to deal with an enemy that changes there weapons, they ether keep using better armor piercing ammo, higher caliber weapons, or energy weapons.  They fact that these weapons are changed often should tell you that they lose there effectiveness.

The Thing on the other hand can only infect a creature in one way.  Now take in mind that their are massive amounts of planets that the Xenomorphs have taken over in a long long period of time.  On the planets that have a pro-life ecosystem that the Aliens have taken over, they constantly are building up an army with said exosystem.  On Xenomorph Prime their were so many Aliens on the surface of the Planet, that the Planet surface could not be seen except the mountains themselves, we are talk billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on one planet, and its close to being like this on all planets they control with an pro-life active ecosystem.

I will also point out that in Xenogenesis that the teammembers were concurend with getting acid on their suits, because it could kill them.  Xenogenesis takes place after a good majority of stories I presume, so why would they not be using the special alloys that are made to defeat the effects of acid?  Well the answer it ether they lots the ability to make acid prof armor OR the Aliens evolved to use a different acid, or enzymes, or anything else that is very caustic.  The last is more likely because of Bio-Imperative.

2)Xenomorphs that come from different host have different capabilities

This goes along with Bio-Imperative but I will point out that Xenomorphs from other host creatures can be immensely more durable, stronger, bigger than human born Xenomorphs.  The Predalien Warrior from BG-386 was monsteriously durable, the Predaliens from LV-1201 had to be taken down with sold slugs from a master key and heavier weapons,  The Warriors that came from Whales, were so freaking huge that they dwarf nid Bio-titains, and all the lower end Imperial Titains, Queens, Ravagers ecct, that come from Whales I would freaking hate to see, especially since I saw a panel where a Warrior took a hit to the head from weapons from a Drop ship and it didn't die.

3)Xenomorphs, are much better tacticians, and are Galacticly aware of what is happening in the Galaxy and or universe.

Now remember I was talking about how-many planets the Xenomorphs control AND that the Queen Mother commands all the Aliens in universe.  Think of every planet that the Xenomorphs are on as a wireless router.  The Queen Mother is aware of what is going on on is said areas were their are Xenomorphs.  Now besides the fact the Queen can see what the other species are doing to some degree if not completely, she will know when the Thing comes and attacks one of her planets.

Now I don't think the Thing (All of them that have ever existed) would even be able to take the first planet it came across that the Xenomorphs control and have controlled for awhile.  BUT if the Thing did take that planet it, and was able to infect those Xenomorphs and it went on to the next Xenomorphs planet, odds are that next planet will be able to kill off the Thing, in fact if you take probability in mind and the bio-imperative,  the probability that the Xenomorphs will have adapted to The Thing and have become lethal to it is 100% after a couple planets and like I said there somany planets in the universe that the Aliens are on that they took control of and away from other alien species that they wiped out it isn't even funny.

With Bio-Imperative they can (the have before) adapt to using a lot more acid based weapons/ powerful enyzmes, venoms and such to fight off the Thing.  Now I onisly want you to tell me with a straight face that if the Thing came to a alien controlled world and all those aliens adapted to use acid based weapons that it would survive.  Remember there billions-trillions of the freaking Xenomorphs on Xenomorph prime  Remember that acid bath you said you would need to kill the thing will I grantee billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on just one planet alone will give you that acid bath you asked for and more, not one piece of the Thing will be able to run, see the whole planet is a giant hive with billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on it.  The hives themselves on Xenomorph Prime are linked to the Queen Mother and the Super Aliens, not only that but if the Aliens are using hive nods they have a similar benefit the Queen Mother has and her personal hive.  Nothing can get in these hives without them knowing.

Ok now I will point out a couple things not going for the Thing.

1)It is intelligent but it is not wise AT ALL.

The Thing makes way to many mistakes.

*I tired to assimilate the whole group of people in most of its stories.  If it's goal was to leave earth it should have just killed ONE person cleaned up its mess after assimilation and then built its space ship.  The Thing could have told the people at the base not to disturb it because it was running vital tests, building equipment, ecct.

*It didn't try and kill anybody with weapons.  IF IF The Thing could assimilate dead people AND it's goal was to leave Earth, it SHOULD have just taken over one person, then taken possession of the guns and flame thrower and kill everyone like its hunting season like it was freaking scar face and or rambo.  Instead it tried to hide out and kill people by assimilating them, which didn't turn out to be a good plan for it.

*It didn't poison anyone either.  Alternatively it could have just put something in everyone ones food or drinking water that would cause everyone to die, if for some reason it is to SHY to use firearms.

*The smaller they are the dumber.  Case and point the walking head decided to stick around and have a hot dog roast courtesy of it former body.  And then it got set on fire.  (Hint there is a good chance when the thing is covered in acid that if pieces come off them the will sit and watch what is going on, and then be doused in acid/enzymes as well.

*They let Mac live?:  Yeah they could have killed him in South America yet they let him get away uninfected.  From my understanding he was ASLEEP a good while, they could have infected him at that point but didn't.  Maybe the Thing likes being roasted...?  Maybe deep down it wants to fail just like Thantos does.  PS If the Thing can infect everything including plants as chupacabras acheronsis has stated, why did they not infect all of South America?  There so many trees there, animals, it would be so easy and fast to do if it were possible.

Here are a couple other things to point out about the Thing not concerning its lack of strategic thought.

1)As has been shown the bigger the Thing gets the more immobile it gets, most the time if not all the time.

2)When it is not pretending to be some one or some thing, it has no cells ZERO ZIP NADA!  So in this form they really would be easy to control mentally with the Queen Mother considering just how freaking powerful she is mentally..

3)Even if it consumes more than one person it is still imitating whatever it is imitating so it cell count will still remain the same otherwise it is not a prefect imitation.

4)IF the Xenomorph and the Thing switched places between stories the Thing would not survive what the Xenomorph survives.  Case and point a Xenomorph Whale Warrior took hits to the head from weapon mounted on a drop ship.  A Thing would be none existent.  Ravagers were created for fighting the enemy head one even if the enemy is using the heaviest weapons available to it.  The Thing would be obliterated by the weapons used on a Ravager, weapons that the Ravager survives.  S.A.D.A.R.  S.A.D.A.R.MAG, tanks, armored carries, weaponized power armorers with ether rotary cannons or the kill book, a weapon that shots lots and LOTS of RAIL GUN rounds, or radioactive napalm or hell DARK PLASMA, that's all a Predator needs to finish the the Thing.

Now if the Alien were in the Thing stories instead of the Thing it will end with a game over for the humans.

5)The Thing is not meant to be in in every environment.  Case in point if the Thing was not affected by the cold conditions it would have strolled out of their and made its way to were more lifeforms exist that it can assimilate.  Which means it just can't go to every planet that the Xenomorphs occupy.

4)Xenomorphs, are nearly-impossible to impossible to assimilate.

After taking all of these things into consideration the Thing has no hope of killing all the Xenomorphs, not only that but surviving a war with the Xenomorphs.  Not only would it be easier to adapt to the Thing, the Thing is not good at observing the situation and or making good tactical judgements.  Taking into consideration that the Queen Mother could just take over the Things mind and or drive it insaine, AND the population per planet geared towards killing the Thing, the fight becomes pointless to the Thing.

SM

SM

Okay who said his name in front of the mirror?  I've warned you people before.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Good lords..I'm sorry to have you waste your time like that nightlord...I only meant this as a joke.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed