Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,632,978 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 11, 2012, 07:26:13 PM

All the good. Always been one of my favourite shots.
Wish they put it in the film!

The Runner

The Runner

Is that a still? Or is it from the workprint?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Backstage video. Dunno if it was originally supposed to be included in the film.

Gash

Gash

Love it, the suit looks particularly detailed and antique in that shot. I assume this is the original shot that was supposed to be the view of the Alien preparing to head bite Brett, before it was switched with one of the 'steaming' Parker attack shots.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: Gash on Mar 13, 2012, 10:17:57 PM
Love it, the suit looks particularly detailed and antique in that shot. I assume this is the original shot that was supposed to be the view of the Alien preparing to head bite Brett, before it was switched with one of the 'steaming' Parker attack shots.

It is amazing how articulated the xenomorph's mouth is in the first 3 films, vs the later films. I don't know if "expressive" is the right word, but they do look  and move realistically.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

SM

SM

QuoteIt is amazing how articulated the xenomorph's mouth is in the first 3 films, vs the later films.

How is it any less articulated in the later films?

(That's rhetorical by the way...)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2012, 03:58:33 AM
QuoteIt is amazing how articulated the xenomorph's mouth is in the first 3 films, vs the later films.

It probably isn't but on the other hand there's a deleted scene of it approaching Lambert with lips folding back, mouth opening and inner mouth opening that looks better than anything done elsewhere in the film and certainly in any of the sequels.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Mar 14, 2012, 03:55:35 AM

Nice rendition of AvP playset. Almost looks like it came out of AvP 2010!

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Gash on Mar 14, 2012, 02:40:44 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2012, 03:58:33 AM

It probably isn't but on the other hand there's a deleted scene of it approaching Lambert with lips folding back, mouth opening and inner mouth opening that looks better than anything done elsewhere in the film and certainly in any of the sequels.

ironically Giger disliked the inner tongue design a lot. Anyway, I really like the translucent lips on the original (and warrior)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't some of Giger's Alien-related drawings have something like an inner tongue?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2012, 03:36:55 PM
Don't some of Giger's Alien-related drawings have something like an inner tongue?

He likes the inner tongue, just not the design of it

Valaquen

Valaquen

Not an inner tongue; the initial painting that inspired Alien had a second row of teeth, not an inner tongue. Ridley asked for an inner tongue with the teeth and Giger painted it in his designs.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

As much as I hate heels and think woman are stupid for wearing them, these are pretty neat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed