Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,107 times)

Dogme

Dogme

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Dec 16, 2011, 12:26:35 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 15, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

Hm. I gotta ask... am I the only one that's quite underwhelmed by the Queen? I dunno, up until now it seemed fine that she was a larger, slightly altered Xenomorph, but it just hit me when I saw that picture - she seems really bland and uninspired.

The queens only seem threatening to me because they're big, whereas the Giger designed alien in the first movie was menacing because it looked so damn creepy!

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 16, 2011, 01:21:20 AM
the queen looks nothing like a normal xeno. studying her design more closely you'll realize. a lot of her was inspired by other Giger paintings, the torso and the large arms for one, they are just like the "dragon" painting.

In my opinion she is very similar to it, just because they share the same general features. Like I said, this is often fine, but now that I think on it, I think they could have come up with something completely new and terrifying. Just like a facehugger looks nothing like an adult Xeno, a Queen, in my opinion, could have been something utterly different, rather than the same creature with added limbs and altered bodyparts.

Truly, the Queen, even with the egg sac and all, never struck me as grotesque or particularly terrifying, as the Xenomorph had when I'd first seen it in 'Alien'.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 14, 2011, 08:56:03 PM

The neck sculpt, notice all the details:
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predaliennecksculpt34.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predaliennecksculptside.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predaliennecksculptback34.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predaliennecksculptback.jpg

A good side comparison of its body with/without pectorals...
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predalienhalfpec.jpg
Damn, I'll say it once again, if they just left the pectorals out it would've been so much better. The details on the ribcage are fantastic.

This beautifully displays what potential the body design had. As you said, remove the pectorals and apply a normal xeno paint app and it would have looked infinitely better. The minute they added all the fleshy areas and tones it completely ruined it. Then the slapped that ridiculous head onto the ruined turd.

BobGrill

BobGrill

The queen is fine the way she is.

Shasvre

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

quite underwhelmed by the Queen
she seems really bland and uninspired.

Quote from: Rothschild on Dec 16, 2011, 03:16:05 AM
This beautifully displays what potential the body design had. As you said, remove the pectorals and apply a normal xeno paint app and it would have looked infinitely better. The minute they added all the fleshy areas and tones it completely ruined it. Then the slapped that ridiculous head onto the ruined turd.
I mostly agree.
To be honest, the head was half spot-on, half what-the-f**k is going on.
For example, I really liked how the mandible tendons were transparent, and there were some super-sweet details on the mandibles themselves.

This way it looked really good, I would've preferred it if they made them closer to the actual jaws, but they're alright. I liked the concept of giving it a dome with a Predator skull visible underneath, but there are two things I'm not convinced about: the AvP Aliens don't have the skull underneath, and the Predalien supposedly is an AvP Alien, but I'll let that go. Second thing, more important, is that the head is fundamentally 1/4-dome, 3/4 standard head. It doesn't make a lick of sense, as the dome should've spanned over the majority of the head. I don't agree with the concept of 'elongating' a creature skull to obtain the resulting Alien skull either. I always found, though, that it was a really smart move to use the dogburster tail moulds to create the dreadlocks of the creature, but how they were attached was ludicrous, and didn't help to the Predalien's menace.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Gash

Gash

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 15, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

Hm. I gotta ask... am I the only one that's quite underwhelmed by the Queen? I dunno, up until now it seemed fine that she was a larger, slightly altered Xenomorph, but it just hit me when I saw that picture - she seems really bland and uninspired.

I know that often less is more, but in this case I can't help wishing they'd come up with something completely new and different, like the facehugger was as opposed to the Xenomorph.

You're not the only one. It's impressive in terms of animatronics and scale, but it just feels like the big bad monster. Always quite liked the glass teeth but it just isn't as terrifying as Kane's Son. The visual influences in the various stages of the life cycle in   A  L  I  E  N   play to a lot of phobias, the queen rejigs and recycles the adult alien design as a dinosaur shaped beast. It's not ugly but it isn't shocking either. Could have been more f**ked up, beautiful and perverse if it had been as different to the adult alien as the adult alien was to the hugger.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 16, 2011, 06:09:44 PM
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predalienheadsculptfront.jpg
This way it looked really good, I would've preferred it if they made them closer to the actual jaws, but they're alright. I liked the concept of giving it a dome with a Predator skull visible underneath, but there are two things I'm not convinced about: the AvP Aliens don't have the skull underneath, and the Predalien supposedly is an AvP Alien, but I'll let that go. Second thing, more important, is that the head is fundamentally 1/4-dome, 3/4 standard head. It doesn't make a lick of sense, as the dome should've spanned over the majority of the head. I don't agree with the concept of 'elongating' a creature skull to obtain the resulting Alien skull either. I always found, though, that it was a really smart move to use the dogburster tail moulds to create the dreadlocks of the creature, but how they were attached was ludicrous, and didn't help to the Predalien's menace.

The mouth looks fine to me, perhaps it needed more detail around the lip area but that forgivable. I would have preferred the mandables to be thinner and closer to the mouth, but again I find them forgivable. It's the back 3/4 I have the biggest problem with.

As you said, either have the dome over the whole head or not at all. Also under the dreadlocks are large vieny bulbous areas that look life the brain is popping out of the scull. This just looks plain wrong. Even with the dreads moved underneath the crest it leaves some really ugly areas visable.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 16, 2011, 06:09:44 PM
Quote from: Rothschild on Dec 16, 2011, 03:16:05 AM
I mostly agree.
To be honest, the head was half spot-on, half what-the-f**k is going on.
For example, I really liked how the mandible tendons were transparent, and there were some super-sweet details on the mandibles themselves.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Aliens%20Vs%20Predator%20Requiem/Predalienheadsculptfront.jpg

The mandibles sucked. Why were they glued on? They honestly look like they're going to fall right off. The dreads needed to go too. The mandibles are more than enough indication that it's a Predalien.

Snowdog

Snowdog

The Runner

The Runner

That image is sweet!

And about the Predalien the mandibles should of folded up like a Predators....not flop around like a pair of tentacles.

If dreads are done for movie sake then they should be not nearly large, fewer in number and more in line. I hated how long Chet's dreads were.

And make the head of a Predalien long and phallic like a normal aliens...I dont get why people keep on giving Predaliens crowned short predator heads.

BTW though what do you think of this Predalien?

SM

SM

Trying not to, Kid.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Runner on Dec 18, 2011, 11:40:46 PM
That image is sweet!

And about the Predalien the mandibles should of folded up like a Predators....not flop around like a pair of tentacles.

If dreads are done for movie sake then they should be not nearly large, fewer in number and more in line. I hated how long Chet's dreads were.

And make the head of a Predalien long and phallic like a normal aliens...I dont get why people keep on giving Predaliens crowned short predator heads.

BTW though what do you think of this Predalien?

The Runner

The Runner

Do u think its better then chet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed