Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,043 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"I don't think he gives a shit."

SM

SM

:laugh:

shadowedge

shadowedge

This is an AVP piece, but The xenomorph in the water looks especially terrifying. The artist is Dave Dorman, and this is the cover to Dark Horse Presents 36 comic.

Click on it for the full size.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: shadowedge on Dec 07, 2011, 07:59:09 AM
This is an AVP piece, but The xenomorph in the water looks especially terrifying. The artist is Dave Dorman, and this is the cover to Dark Horse Presents 36 comic.

Ahh I have that one signed by Doorman. It's my favorite Alien/Predator image. Reminds me: I need to get it framed.

Minor nitpicks with the Predator's right arm. Perspective looks weird and distorted. Like the wrist is proportionately too long compared to the arm. My eye goes right to it every time.

Maybe in the coming years I'll develop a glaucoma in my eye that will cover that spot when I admire this piece.  ;)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

The perspective is indeed a tad bit confusing.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Shouldn't the nearest Alien's head (the one, submerged into the river) be rested among dorsal tubes?.. Fins are lost and there is something peculiar with their legs... Bar this, the picture is nice! Seems, Predator is down on his luck!  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As much as I love Dorman's artwork, his Predalien was lousy. Everyone can criticize Chet's mandibles for looking tacked on but Dorman did it first.

SM

SM

He did?  I just looked at a pic and there seems to be a natural flow from the head to the lower mandible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They look like they're extended too far out anyway, the lower half of them.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Well, the predalien mandibles can be a distorted version of a predator's- no reason for it to be the same.  After all, it's an alien....

Eriorguez

Eriorguez

Well, the lips of the human aliens are more like a grotesque version of human ones. Not to mention the hole in the cheeks.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 08, 2011, 01:42:21 AM
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~ryley/PREDALIEN.JPG

But Predators can extend them out like that, can they not?

echobbase79

echobbase79

I wonder if the Bros took some inspiration from that image when Wolf picks up the two aliens? Kind of looks like it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Dec 08, 2011, 04:23:31 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 08, 2011, 01:42:21 AM
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~ryley/PREDALIEN.JPG

But Predators can extend them out like that, can they not?

Never seen a Pred shoot them forward, which is what it looks like in that picture. Rather, more specifically, it looks like they're hanging off the lower jaw. A Preds mandibles' just go up and down.

Terx2

Terx2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed