Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,170 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I still think it's amazing the actual suit was sold. I always thought it would have been kept in a studio somewhere.

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Somethings look sorta strange not right.

delsaber8

delsaber8

nice pic but the xenos head seems a bit large.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's because it's the awful, awful HOT TOYS Alien warrior.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The steel-frame toys look better than that ???

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Love this it's awsome. :D

delsaber8

delsaber8

love the second pic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The first one is a bit eerie. The black-on-black colouring, coupled with the teeth almost being the first noticeable part...it's almost like seeing a motionless wasp and by the time you realize it, it's already coming at you.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2011, 01:44:12 AM
I still think it's amazing the actual suit was sold. I always thought it would have been kept in a studio somewhere.
There was more than one suit.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: CavatinaTheXeno on Aug 21, 2011, 05:24:55 AM

Only good pic of the AVPR aliens ever.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: King Rathalos on Aug 21, 2011, 03:52:50 PM
Quote from: CavatinaTheXeno on Aug 21, 2011, 05:24:55 AM

Only good pic of the AVPR aliens ever.

It's the only thing they got right :laugh:.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I really feel sorry for ADI. They really tried to bring back the "biomech" look for the AVPR head, thinking thats what the fans want. Look at the tubes and look at the neck, its all there but it still looks horrible. I'd say they genuinely listened to the fans hatred for the fleshy looks of previous films and tried to rectify it with the redesigned heads. Its a pity good intentions =/= good design.

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Ghostface on Aug 22, 2011, 06:11:14 AM
I really feel sorry for ADI. They really tried to bring back the "biomech" look for the AVPR head, thinking thats what the fans want. Look at the tubes and look at the neck, its all there but it still looks horrible. I'd say they genuinely listened to the fans hatred for the fleshy looks of previous films and tried to rectify it with the redesigned heads. Its a pity good intentions =/= good design.
I agree, a slightly more "biomechanical" look would have worked if they redesigned the whole body, with the body looking fleshy and the head looking... well still fleshy but with tubes it looks inconsistent.

...And bad!

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Divpax on Aug 22, 2011, 06:46:27 PM
I agree, a slightly more "biomechanical" look would have worked if they redesigned the whole body, with the body looking fleshy and the head looking... well still fleshy but with tubes it looks inconsistent.

...And bad!

They may have tried with the aliens and failed anyway. Why the hell did they put muscle tissue and everything on Chet. He had an exoskeleton look when he wasn't finished. But still they had to put the muscles and flesh on it. Why ?!

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 22, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
Quote from: Divpax on Aug 22, 2011, 06:46:27 PM

...And bad!

They may have tried with the aliens and failed anyway. Why the hell did they put muscle tissue and everything on Chet. He had an exoskeleton look when he wasn't finished. But still they had to put the muscles and flesh on it. Why ?!
They wanted to ruin the series even more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed