Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,632,993 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 11:25:43 AM
It was very biomechanical.

:laugh:

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 01:55:50 PM
...it makes a lot of sense.

And that's why it didn't work. The great thing about the Aliens Queen is that it didn't make too much sense according to our terrestrial standards; it was simply alien. The newer one completely got rid of that unsettling aspect, and gave us a terrible recreation of the T-rex chasing the jeep in JP.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: delsaber8 on Jun 27, 2011, 04:46:55 PM
love the pic of that Giger alien.
... which one, exactly. There's hasn't been one recently.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 27, 2011, 05:21:45 PM

How do you call those tubes running around?
Even the hand had little tubes running around the palm. I've got more pictures in my Photobucket account showing the biomech in the AvP Queen but can't access it at the moment. :-\ Found 'em. :P

and gave us a terrible recreation of the T-rex chasing the jeep in JP.
Certainly, remember when the T.rex got all mad and tried to stab our heroes with his harpoon tail? Now that was a great moment.

:laugh: :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was a bit too reminiscent of the Rex scene. It only adds to the "Queen was a T.Rex" furor fans enjoy using.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 08:43:13 PM

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Alien%20Vs%20Predator/AlienQueenanim34.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Alien%20Vs%20Predator/AlienQueenanimsidefull.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/OmegaZilla95/Alien%20and%20Predator/Alien%20Vs%20Predator/AlienQueenAVPNeck.jpg

Even the hand had little tubes running around the palm. I've got more pictures in my Photobucket account showing the biomech in the AvP Queen but can't access it at the moment. :-\ Found 'em. :P

and gave us a terrible recreation of the T-rex chasing the jeep in JP.
Certainly, remember when the T.rex got all mad and tried to stab our heroes with his harpoon tail? Now that was a great moment.

:laugh: :P

Sorry, that I have to quote myself, but: "put a few tubes in the sculpt and copying a few Giger shapes" does´nt make it Biomechanical.

The whole form is off, because it is clearly a bashed sculpt of reassembled parts. They used the upper arms and the legs (beside the feets) from the Cameron Queen and tried to mix-up the Queens torso with an standart ALIENS warrior (best to be seen in the first picture you posted).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know that. For some  reason I'm honestly obscure of they made the Anderson Queen into a Warrior-Queen (maybe to set her apart from the Cameron Queen?). Both the mentioned designs are a mix of bio and mech, throw them in the blender with some Runner and here comes the Anderson Queen. You'll agree it's not fleshy like the other Aliens, no? A load of tubing detail there.  :)

Ghostface

Ghostface

It is definitely not as fleshy as the other aliens ADI have designed, I agree.

I've never accepted the argument "she needed bigger legs to support herself". I've always likened the alien in a way to insects who's legs are tiny compared to their bodies.

I don't hate the AVP queen, but it doesn't hold a candle to Cameron's.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Seeing those pics of the AVP Queen make me like it more than I already do and more than I really should.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 08:43:13 PM
Even the hand had little tubes running around the palm.

I'm sorry, but a few tubes =/= very biomechanic. Slightly? Maybe. But if you want to see very biomech, only Giger's and Winston's creations could fall under that category.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 29, 2011, 06:44:36 AM
I'm sorry, but a few tubes =/= very biomechanic.
A few?
Very Biomechanical =/= Perfectly Biomechanical (Winston & Giger), too. ;P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, that's how I define very. The AvP Queen looks more bony than biomech. And yes, there is a difference.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Always looked rather metallic in film. Almost as much as the original Queen.
Besides, there's plenty of small detail in the AvP Queen. See the small cables inside the palm?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

That's tattooed on forever man.
Can you imagine him getting undressed for sex?
*man takes off shirt*
{female screaming}
"What?"

locusta

locusta

Maybe he needs the women to b e unconscious.

Nonetheless, a stunning tattoo if it´s not a Shopped fake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed