Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,187 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Has he ever acted?

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Only on Entourage and SNL, as far as I know.

Pn2501

Pn2501

lol his oscar win was very inspired!

XenoVC

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
Gotta hand it to Cameron, on top of his movie talents he's a great designer/artist.

http://www.myjoblo.com/images/pictures/44299/image_67de5b461.jpg?1304206073

Always loved his concept sketches too. These polychromos pencil renderings are outstanding and show how much he relies on his own visualization in the Pre-production phase.

Funny thing, when you look closely at this sketch and especially the torso, abdomen, hip area you see where ADI got their inspiration for their AVP Queen....and still failed.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: locusta on Jun 27, 2011, 09:40:47 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
Gotta hand it to Cameron, on top of his movie talents he's a great designer/artist.

http://www.myjoblo.com/images/pictures/44299/image_67de5b461.jpg?1304206073

Always loved his concept sketches too. These polychromos pencil renderings are outstanding and show how much he relies on his own visualization in the Pre-production phase.

Funny thing, when you look closely at this sketch and especially the torso, abdomen, hip area you see where ADI got their inspiration for their AVP Queen....and still failed.

Agreed. It's really sad. ADI have tried so hard to bring elements from the old designers into their creations but ultimately fail everytime.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Naaah, the AvP Queen wasn't all bad. It was very biomechanical.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Thunderthighs.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

She 'been having way too much ice cream (durr).
Gotta need... support. :P
Though as a design choice it may be arguable in aesthetic, it makes a lot of sense.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote'Although Giger wasn't directly involved, his ghost sort of hovered about. I must say, though, that I feel a sense of authorship when it comes to the Queen. Somebody once described it as an anorexic dinosaur, which I suppose is inevitable even though that's not what I had in mind. In fact, I wanted specifically not to suggest a dinosaur concept -at least overtly- because that would have been a little too commonplace and boring. For me, the Queen is really a blend of what Giger does with what I wanted to do, which was to create something that was big and powerful and terrifying and fast and very female - hideous and beautiful at the same time, like a black widow spider.'
My feelings too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know that quote. :P
I've never compared the AvP Queen to a Dinosaur too much, all they got in common is, virtually, them being bipedal and the posture; elsewhere they aren't really comparable if you ask me, even in characterization.
AvP Queen is just bulkier and made to be more of a warrior-kind of femme. And being bulky and big, bigger thighs help to support that structure (which would fall apart with the original legs).

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 02:30:53 PM
AvP Queen is just bulkier and made to be more of a warrior-kind of femme. And being bulky and big, bigger thighs help to support that structure (which would fall apart with the original legs).
These are a Queen's legs!  :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Which worked for the 86 'relatively' small Queen, but on the 12 meters long Queen in AvP those legs would not have sustained her well enough.
And besides, there are vixen and buxom women, ay? :P We have both it seems. It's obvious the Cameron design is greatly better, but the AvP Queen is no eyesore.
Great picture by the way.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 27, 2011, 03:37:57 PM
Which worked for the 86 'relatively' small Queen, but on the 12 meters long Queen in AvP...

Yep, and that monster size was the big failure.

delsaber8

delsaber8

love the pic of that Giger alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed