Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,194 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Can Aliens even eat? As far as I can tell (mostly from that shot in Alien) the second mouth doesn't extend back into a tube or anything.

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 01, 2011, 06:56:24 PM
They probably excrete stuff out of their mouths mixed in with their saliva, that's what I sometimes reckon.

Kill me.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They probably excrete stuff out of their mouths mixed in with their saliva, that's what I sometimes reckon.

It's never too ridiculous.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 01, 2011, 07:00:30 PM
Can Aliens even eat? As far as I can tell (mostly from that shot in Alien) the second mouth doesn't extend back into a tube or anything.

In AVPR, we saw an Alien eating one of the bullies by the pool before Wolf killed it.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 01, 2011, 07:00:30 PM

Kill me.

Where do you think they excrete, then?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

so they puke shit.

as far as i know the tongue retracts upwards, right under the brain. there might be a conduct under it. why even evolve a mouth if there was no reason to bite? it has other, more efficient weapons.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 01, 2011, 07:04:00 PM
In AVPR, we saw an Alien eating one of the bullies by the pool before Wolf killed it.

No thank you.

Where do you think they excrete, then?

On the internet.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 01, 2011, 07:05:13 PM
so they puke shit.

as far as i know the tongue retracts upwards, right under the brain. there might be a conduct under it. why even evolve a mouth if there was no reason to bite? it has other, more efficient weapons.

Aliens need to eat as they are growing up according to the EU, but they no longer need to eat once they mature into full grown adults.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 01, 2011, 07:06:44 PM

No thank you.

No thank you? ???

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

just by existing any organism would have to replace mass. it cannot live if it's not constantly renewing itself. humans replace approximately 95% of themselves a year.

something has to burn, to generate energy and to maintain itself, as even the tiniest action or bruise will dent and wear the body, and eventually cause a major malfunction.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 01, 2011, 06:52:13 PM
Picture ruined.
U can has fix?

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 01, 2011, 06:54:41 PM
do Aliens even have anuses?
No, they poop like the Old Ones.

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 01, 2011, 06:55:23 PM
Was waiting for the Strause Bros to sort that out in their AVP3.
Gold!

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 01, 2011, 07:05:13 PM
Indeed, to that may I add, why even evolve outer teeth?

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 01, 2011, 07:07:53 PM
Aliens need to eat as they are growing up according to the EU, but they no longer need to eat once they mature into full grown adults.
So why do full grown, four weeks old adults (Aliens) have plenty of full grown teeth?

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 01, 2011, 07:12:48 PM
just by existing any organism would have to replace mass. it cannot live if it's not constantly renewing itself. humans replace approximately 95% of themselves a year.

something has to burn, to generate energy and to maintain itself, as even the tiniest action or bruise will dent and wear the body, and eventually cause a major malfunction.
Entirely agreed. Another reason for why the 'Aliens don't eat!' arguments don't hold on.

predxeno

predxeno

According to Aliens Cauldron, it's hypothesized that the Aliens may have some sort of enzyme inside of them that helps them produce energy.  I don't have the book with since I'm in college so I can't remember word-for-word, but that was the idea.  Also, Aliens have teeth so they would be able to eat when they are young and then kill any threats to the hive when they are fully grown.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ok so, when they are young, they eat. But when they are full grown, they don't. Mayflies don't eat when they are full grown - and they don't have mouths. And they're incredibly primordial compared to an enormously complex organism like the Alien; so why wouldn't Aliens have their teeth fall off when they age?
To kill the threats, they kind'a have four sets of claws, tail and, primarily, inner jaw.

predxeno

predxeno

Aliens aren't from Earth, they probably evolved in a very hostile place where every weapon was a needed advantage.  I don't se mayflies having as active lifestyles as the Aliens who are constantly needed to bring in new hosts to replace those they lost in battle or other conflict.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 01, 2011, 07:22:38 PM
Aliens aren't from Earth, they probably evolved in a very hostile place where every weapon was a needed advantage.
They have, again, four sets of claws, a stinger/butcherblade at the end of their tail, and a f**king mouth-in-mouth that trespasses alien steel. It's more than enough.

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 01, 2011, 07:22:38 PM
I don't se mayflies having as active lifestyles as the Aliens who are constantly needed to bring in new hosts to replace those they lost in battle or other conflict.
Don't see Aliens not eating with such lifestyle myself.

predxeno

predxeno

Aliens not eating still have a very active lifestyle.  Did you see how many resources they had to go through just to get to the marines in Aliens and AVP2 and AVP2010?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed