Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,040 times)

SiL

SiL

We're having this conversation again? :-\

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2011, 06:37:00 AM
We're having this conversation again? :-\

But SiL, look at both of them, theyre clearly not the same costume. One has details on it, one doesnt, and in the movie all those details are covered by flesh

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 27, 2011, 11:07:36 PM
^

Fantastic.

Thats awesome except for the fact that the Drone and warrior are the same thing. One's just more fully developed.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 28, 2011, 06:40:08 AM
But SiL, look at both of them, theyre clearly not the same costume.
Which shows that more than one suit is made for a movie.

They had neither the time nor the money to ditch those suits you long for. They're all there in the movie, hidden by lighting, sloughing skin, and smoke.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: samoht on Feb 28, 2011, 07:01:24 AM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 27, 2011, 11:07:36 PM
^

Fantastic.

Thats awesome except for the fact that the Drone and warrior are the same thing. One's just more fully developed.
Exactly.
It's showing the development of an Alien. That's why it goes from egg to adult.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2011, 07:09:27 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 28, 2011, 06:40:08 AM
But SiL, look at both of them, theyre clearly not the same costume.
Which shows that more than one suit is made for a movie.

They had neither the time nor the money to ditch those suits you long for. They're all there in the movie, hidden by lighting, sloughing skin, and smoke.

If so, that first costume isnt visible in the movie then. For example, check the arm

and the arm that ended up in the movie

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 28, 2011, 05:16:12 AM

Seriously though dude...
Did you edit the second pic into the first?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 28, 2011, 07:32:09 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 28, 2011, 05:16:12 AM

Seriously though dude...
Did you edit the second pic into the first?

No, theyre two separate images

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Oh ok. For a second there.... Woah.

Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur

That growth chart is EPIC!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 28, 2011, 07:25:55 AM
If so, that first costume isnt visible in the movie then. For example, check the arm
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/runner.png
and the arm that ended up in the movie
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/a31.jpg
You're showing images of opposing sides of a three-dimensional object. My biceps don't look like my triceps.

EDIT

Looking through the production stills -- the only difference in the arms is that the shoulders are actually a separate piece over what we see there. That design is still in place, but is missing the ridges, which also incorporate the material connecting it to the arms. That's it.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

This is a tough one. They are the same but like Sil said, they're covered up most of the time in the movie which is a shame, cause in that first pic, it really does look like a giger painting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, the design is still in there and was never ditched for a 'new' suit. The details have been just made harder to see because of the presence of the shoulder piece. But if you look close, really close, they're still there.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 28, 2011, 11:37:50 AM
Yes, the design is still in there and was never ditched for a 'new' suit. The details have been just made harder to see because of the presence of the shoulder piece. But if you look close, really close, they're still there.

I know, but thats what I meant by different costume. The original way the suit looked as you see in the pics I posted looked like a Giger painting, it was amazing, but they ended up covering it all up and chaning it all up. So I never meant that they made new suits, just that they built over that one and neded up with a completely, completely different result. Thats what I meant by saying "shame they went with this instead"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They didn't cover all of it. You have to look close because most of the thing is still there. You ain't doing so much detail to go and cover it up on stage two, don't you think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed