Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,051 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2023, 10:33:56 AMMF I shared that on the socials the other day.

It might well be from you I stole that image from.  ;D

QuoteI don't think I recognize this one. Who is this attributed to?

Maybe one of Cobb's sketches? Can't quite make out the lettering at the bottom.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm gonna be honest this design was is almost as good as the big chap and alien isolation design, The only problem that I have with is the head is a bit too wide on the sides and the tip of the tail could have been a small knife rather then a huge blade but I'm warming up to it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 14, 2023, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 14, 2023, 11:07:06 AMMy favourite shot of the Alien is an outtake of this scene, where we see it standing up in front of Lambert from the front. About the only shot that showcases that thinness.

This one?

https://i.postimg.cc/4dGY7xqM/Screenshot-2023-10-14-at-10-13-09-pm.jpg
Yes, that's a nice shot. I like the one right after it - when it stands there for a moment before turning on Parker:

https://i.postimg.cc/kG1GpFG3/Screenshot-2023-10-14-at-10-09-09-pm.jpg

That scene still haunts me to this day. Nothing in any of the sequels for me is as creepy as this scene. It's just a slow menacing unfurling of the Alien's absolute power. Lambert is totally paralysed. The music is also superb.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Prez on Feb 13, 2024, 04:52:38 AMThat scene still haunts me to this day. Nothing in any of the sequels for me is as creepy as this scene. It's just a slow menacing unfurling of the Alien's absolute power. Lambert is totally paralysed. The music is also superb.

That's my favourite moment from the film - along with Brett, as he straightens up and faces the Alien - in both cases, the music - and placement of - is excellent. None of the other films can capture the same emotional power, imo.

Love the way Ridley Scott staged each confrontation with the Alien like a formal duel.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@Elmazalman Agreed, and how gorgeous are the cranial cowl curves there? Mwah *chefs kiss*

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Official ingame screenshots as well as artwork for the Alien from the Alien DBD Chapter

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

This looks very disturbing...

Kradan

Kradan

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 28, 2024, 03:02:25 PMAlso looks like Alien's visit to a dentist

When your dentist is also your opium dealer.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Eddie Powell in the stunt suit. Image via Corporal Hicks:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed