Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 74,156 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 08, 2017, 11:30:43 PM
? He was gonna die?
???

Don't literally see him die, but how the scene ends wouldn't have left the viewer in much doubt that's what occurs. It wouldn't have made any difference to the main story.

SpeedyMaxx

Again, I don't know what draft you read but there's nothing like that in mine.

Dan

Dan

Without spoilers.If Black rewrite Dutch's part and he's obviously alive would that change the story or make a change to the other characters or his scene is in the very end of the film?

Doggo33

Doggo33

Well I'm happy that he won't be in it because I don't like fan service but the possibility that the film is going to sequel bait is irritating.

SpeedyMaxx

I can't speak for anyone else, but in the version I've seen Dutch appears at the very end, has a few lines and sets up a sequel. There is no exit or death or anything like that.

Ultramorph

Does this mean the script is worse than Terminator Genisys? Oh my.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 10, 2017, 02:57:20 AM
Does this mean the script is worse than Terminator Genisys?
Will Smith turned down Django Unchained. Does that mean Django Unchained is worse than After Earth?

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 10, 2017, 04:35:08 AM
Does this mean the script is worse than Terminator Genisys?
Will Smith turned down Django Unchained. Does that mean Django Unchained is worse than After Earth?
Glad to hear that he turned it down. I don't know why Quentin would offer him that role in the first place.

Original Pred

Original Pred

Just stupid.

Part of the Pred franchise issue has been continuity.  Now it's nothing more then ANOTHER reboot.

Arnold should have been at least a 50/50 role with a new guy to transition the series.  But oh well.  Arnold was just as important to Predator as the choice to scrap the bug suit and bring in a legit creature. No big deal tho, let's just pretend that didn't happen.

BishopShouldGo

Does this mean the script is worse than Terminator Genisys? Oh my.

That's not how life works.

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PM
Just stupid.

Part of the Pred franchise issue has been continuity.  Now it's nothing more then ANOTHER reboot.

Arnold should have been at least a 50/50 role with a new guy to transition the series.  But oh well.  Arnold was just as important to Predator as the choice to scrap the bug suit and bring in a legit creature. No big deal tho, let's just pretend that didn't happen.

I agree.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMPart of the Pred franchise issue has been continuity.

Of the issues the existing Predator sequels have, characters not returning really isn't one of them. Putting Arnie in Predator 2 or Predators wouldn't make them fundamentally better movies.

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMNow it's nothing more then ANOTHER reboot.

Apart from the fact it isn't a reboot in any way, shape or form...

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMArnold should have been at least a 50/50 role with a new guy to transition the series.

Arnie's just too old to be fighting Predators any more. I'm actually quite happy that he's not in it, because I think there was more chance of any role featuring pensioner-Dutch being corny than not.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 10, 2017, 05:36:43 PM
Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMPart of the Pred franchise issue has been continuity.

Of the issues the existing Predator sequels have, characters not returning really isn't one of them. Putting Arnie in Predator 2 or Predators wouldn't make them fundamentally better movies.

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMNow it's nothing more then ANOTHER reboot.

Apart from the fact it isn't a reboot in any way, shape or form...

Quote from: Original Pred on Apr 10, 2017, 04:06:52 PMArnold should have been at least a 50/50 role with a new guy to transition the series.

Arnie's just too old to be fighting Predators any more. I'm actually quite happy that he's not in it, because I think there was more chance of any role featuring pensioner-Dutch being corny than not.

I agree, you summed up my opinions more eloquently.

BishopShouldGo

No he is not too old to be fighting predators! Who says he'd be fighting one anyway. It's not like he'd be making log traps and fighting in hand to hand combat.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 10, 2017, 06:31:10 PMNo he is not too old to be fighting predators!

Yes, he really is. I've said it before and I'll say it again - one beat him to within an inch of his life back when he was a young man in his physical prime. Now he's almost 70.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 10, 2017, 06:31:10 PMWho says he'd be fighting one anyway.

No one, it just seems to me like plenty of people who probably haven't really thought it through want him back for exactly that. Personally, I think the very idea is stupid, for precisely the reason I just stated.

The Alien Predator

He's not the only one who survived a Predator encounter either if experience is what you're looking for.

Mike Harrigan could just as easily return for an adviser role due to his experiences. There could be more characters to fill the position that was meant for Arnie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed