Flaws of Alien. Not joking

Started by Kradan, Apr 13, 2019, 06:16:31 AM

Author
Flaws of Alien. Not joking (Read 19,671 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Also when the camera guy hits those hanging decorations during the Ash meltdown. It's like the camera hits them and the noise attracts ash's attention. It's like a fourth wall break.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2019, 09:51:08 PM
Ooh, the camera bumping the consoles in the beginning on the bridge.

When's that?
Right at the beginning, on the ship's bridge (with the rustling papers).

SM

SM

How does it bump the console?  The camera tracks past as a chair twists on its stand which isn't anywhere near the camera.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2019, 09:54:45 PM
Also when the camera guy hits those hanging decorations during the Ash meltdown. It's like the camera hits them and the noise attracts ash's attention. It's like a fourth wall break.
My favourite "fourth wall break" is a brief shot of Sigourney Weaver looking right at the camera, during the Nostromo take-off scene.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 13, 2019, 10:04:53 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2019, 09:54:45 PM
My favourite "fourth wall break" is a brief shot of Sigourney Weaver looking right at the camera, during the Nostromo take-off scene.

I'd forgotten about that one.  :laugh:

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2019, 10:04:21 PM
How does it bump the console?  The pan tracks past as a chair twists on its stand which isn't anywhere near the camera.
Don't know. Ask your buddy, SiL.

I thought the chair twisting round was because the ship's master computer was preparing to awaken the crew by pumping air into the ship.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 13, 2019, 10:09:33 PM
How does it bump the console?  The pan tracks past as a chair twists on its stand which isn't anywhere near the camera.

I thought the chair twisting round was because the ship's master computer was preparing to awaken the crew by pumping air into the ship.

I believe it does bump one.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2019, 10:13:44 PM

I believe it does bump one.
Perhaps, but how would you explain the rustling papers?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 13, 2019, 09:46:57 PM
Could it be the unnatural wiggle of the fingers, as the hands splay outwards, that bothers you?

I don't think so. It's just less a motion of attack to me and more of a you-just-witnessed-my-magical-trick! TADA!  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2019, 10:23:22 PM
Could it be the unnatural wiggle of the fingers, as the hands splay outwards, that bothers you?

I don't think so. It's just less a motion of attack to me and more of a you-just-witnessed-my-magical-trick! TADA!  ;D

Either that or "smell my fingers"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2019, 10:24:23 PM

Either that or "smell my fingers"

Or.... that.....  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2019, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2019, 02:04:29 PM
That shot is literally one second long, give it some slack :P

Yay for you trying to control my opinion?

Sorry if it bothers you, but it has always bothered me, regardless the duration.
Holy shit dude, I was clearly being jovial. Stop acting like I'm attacking you every time I have the nerve to respond to you, the victim complex is getting tiresome.

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2019, 09:51:08 PM
Ooh, the camera bumping the consoles in the beginning on the bridge.

When's that?
After the paper rustle you hear the sound again but without the chair rocking, but I could be wrong.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The scene is more terrifying in the comic book adaptation.

SM

SM

I did.

And exactly.

After the paper rustle you hear the sound again but without the chair rocking, but I could be wrong.

The sound is the chair rocking.

SiL

SiL

If the chair's a-rockin' I guess the camera didn't come a-knockin'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed