Blu Ray release

Started by Billiken, Aug 05, 2022, 01:25:36 PM

Author
Blu Ray release (Read 49,588 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Engineer on Nov 15, 2022, 01:44:36 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2022, 07:47:31 AMHmmmm....

https://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1582526162206478341

A friend just shared this tweet with me:
https://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1591995142571175936?s=46&t=nLrQwxdTYQZmqO4rcuzm-w

I looked him up on LinkedIn. This was in his job description (quote below). I'm calling it. Blu Ray/DVD release inbound.

Quote• Develop Home Entertainment bonus content, providing creative input and shepherding projects through all stages of production on New Release titles such as Widows, Bohemian Rhapsody, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, The Favourite, The Kid Who Would Be King, Breakthrough, and Tolkien.
• Collaborate with menu producers to create motion and static menus for Home Entertainment physical and digital releases.
• Supervise production from inception by providing art direction, notes on rough cuts, and trafficking projects for approval.
• Oversee delivery of all digital assets to ensure digital-only exclusives are implemented correctly and QC'd properly along with the rest of the pre-existing assets to streaming services such as Apple iTunes Store and Movies Anywhere.
• Project lead on Fox International Properties titles, such as Dragon Ball Super: Broly and Rate Your Date.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kendrick-pejoro?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
Well, this is promising. I would happily be wrong if we end up getting a physical release for this.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

keep hope alive

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Please please please let it happen

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

So, maybe he wasn't referring to a blu-ray release at all. Maybe it was just this: https://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1593348860016877569?s=46&t=9l0NLWG8JHVXqjUMw_vPvg

Engineer

Engineer

Nah, I have my doubts there. His previous tweets were specific to Prey, while the DLC update doesn't relate to Prey. His work credentials seem to focus primarily around home video releases rather than video games too. I think this tweet is a coincidence in terms of timing. I still think a blu ray release is on the way...

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

You may be right, and while he may specialize in the home media, I have seen past tweets in which he mentions he and a creative team have had hands involved in the inclusion of Predator and Alien content in games and other mediums. Especially the approval of artwork for book and comic covers. Time will tell I suppose. I really do hope a blu-ray release is on the horizon.
Quote from: Engineer on Nov 17, 2022, 09:51:36 PMNah, I have my doubts there. His previous tweets were specific to Prey, while the DLC update doesn't relate to Prey. His work credentials seem to focus primarily around home video releases rather than video games too. I think this tweet is a coincidence in terms of timing. I still think a blu ray release is on the way...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, he's kind of a brand manager for Alien/Predator. His work isn't just home releases, he manages the books, comics and etc.

Gieferg

Gieferg

I have all predator movies on my shelf, even Black's abomination (AVP-R only on DVD), but I don't really care for Prey to be released that way. If it will be released then I may buy it if it will be cheap enough, if not - whatever...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You seriously paid money for a copy of The Predator but aren't fussed about Prey? Sort your life out homie.

Gieferg

Gieferg

The Predator (apart of being completely idiotic) was at least funny at times, Ive bought it cheap 3 years after theatrical release. Prey was boring, unengaging, cheap looking and I didnt care for any of the characters. I may buy it too eventually, but I can live without it.

That being said, I really hate the fact that streaming movies are not released on Blu-ray (Greyhound is the one I would really like to put on my shelf).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Well at least I can agree with you on the second point, but I had a lot more fun with Prey than I did with The Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As did the vast majority based on aggregators and polls. I'll be disappointed if we never get this on our shelves. It deserves it far more than The Predator or the AvPs, but I'm just glad we got it in the first place.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'd be down for a blu-ray release even if it was a limited thing. With the shakeup of Disney leadership maybe that might influence a physical release? Probably grasping at straws but I'd like to have a physical copy.

Though as to home media releases, The Predator is the only one I have digital. Which is kind of amusing given Hulu had the Predator series but The Predator and now currently has none of them without another service barring Prey at least here.

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

If there had been a plan for a blu-ray release who knows what will happen now that Bob Iger has returned. I know a lot people liked him, but we'll have to wait and see what shakeups are about to happen with positions, streaming, projects, etc.

I'm hoping that anything far along into production of merch and all is still a go (again, assuming if a Prey blu-ray was in the works).

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

There is a rumor going around that Hocus Pocus 2, released as a Disney+ exclusive, is going to be coming out on Blu-ray/4K. And didn't some recent Pixar movies released as Disney+ exclusives get physical releases as well?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed