Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,124 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Conversation, then straight to the sewers which I preferred at least the sewer sequence was semi-tense. Cutting it in half like that just killed it.

SM

SM

The start with the Predator ship detaching made no sense in the theatrical (I think that's what I was watching).  Nor did the barfing down the throat thing (aside from the usual reasons).  By that point the Aliens had slaughtered everyone they'd come across - why not abduct them and wait for something to start making eggs?  Or at least abduct them so the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) could barf down their throats?

CEP

CEP

I did a recut where all that crap happend earlier, and the Sewer fight took place at night. Right after the Wolf destroyed the evidence of the Aliens. It worked better....but the movie still sucked.

AvP is the better movie. Atleast it tried.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2010, 05:23:48 AM
The start with the Predator ship detaching made no sense in the theatrical (I think that's what I was watching).
If it has the ship detaching you were watching the extended cut.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

SM watched AvP:R?

Did the universe just go out of balance?!?!!

SM

SM

Not all of it. 

QuoteI've watched most of the first hour or so.  As I said on another thread, it was a web stream in Hindi, so I won't comment on the dialogue.  The reason I stopped watching was because it was so dark that I often couldn't tell what was happening. and it was giving me a headache.

I have to meet a friend of a friend who's doing a PhD thesis on producers and fans of transmedia texts focusing on AvP, so I thought I should at least try.

I fail.

Which = win.

QuoteIf it has the ship detaching you were watching the extended cut.

Why did it detach though?  I thought I read that the extended cut had the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) on the loose THEN it detached.  The cut I saw, it just detached and headed back to Earth for no apparent reason.

SiL

SiL

Yeah, that's the extended cut.

You should watch the whole thing, if just to be able to truly hate it.

Also, to know that anyone who tells you CGI can't make a movie worse is f**king lying. Jessie's death near the end of the film? Worked perfectly in the theatrical cut, then in the Extended Cut they have her splitting in half, turning everyone's pitch-perfect reaction shots into hilarious underacting.

SM

SM

QuoteYou should watch the whole thing, if just to be able to truly hate it.

I really couldn't.  My head still hurts from straining to see whats going on, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to rent it...

CEP

CEP

I'm totally with you SiL. Actually, after you pointed that out, I realized how utterly retarded it was.

I mean, I laughed because of how over the top it was...but now I cant stop looking at Ricky's face. He's totally oblivious to the fact his girl friend just snapped in half, and her guts are falling all over the place....lol.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2010, 05:42:37 AM
I really couldn't.  My head still hurts from straining to see whats going on, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to rent it...
Nowhere near you has a cheap rental day?

Rent it for a dollar, then watch little bits of it at a time so as not to cause a brain hemorrhage.

SM

SM

VideoEzy has 95c Tuesdays, but even that's pushing it's luck.

I'm still annoyed at the side effects of watching as much as I did...  >:(

CEP

CEP

Try re-editing it.

It was painful.

SiL

SiL

Rent a really, really good film at the same time - Like Moon - to try and compensate for AvPR's suckiness.

If you ever want to commit suicide, AvPR + Director's Commentary.

SM

SM

I have to finish writing my own little short moon-based flick* before I watch Moon.

* - Which of course will never be made.

CEP

CEP

Quote from: SiL on Mar 22, 2010, 05:49:35 AM
Rent a really, really good film at the same time - Like Moon - to try and compensate for AvPR's suckiness.

If you ever want to commit suicide, AvPR + Director's Commentary.

I was fueming when I heard it.

"Oh yeah, this probably pissed off the Alien fans!"

Ha ha ha.... no shit you ass. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed