Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 683,969 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 20, 2010, 02:18:56 PM
Saw it not too long ago, and despite the first half hour of buildup (which, to be fair, is well paced), it's actually action packed from that point on. Even though there's only a few, yet awesome, AvP moments, there's still enough action and suspense sequences involving humans to keep proceedings from getting boring. Anderson's top notch direction doesn't hurt matters either.

Really? You call running down dark corridors with fast cameras intense? I call it headache-inducing.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 20, 2010, 02:18:56 PMAnd on the whole Pred / Human team-up fiasco, it's not like it it lasts for any length of time! In fact it's almost over before it begins. I'll always cringe at the sight of Lex and Scar running down that corridor together, but at least they're not high-fiving each other!

It was short sure, but it was still stupid. It wasn't needed considering Anderson could have written a team up in a different manner. Instead of Scar actually taking the time to make her weapons, let him run off since she killed the one Alien and gave him his caster, and then due to poor circumstances later on in the film, have them team up just to fight off the Queen. That would have been preferable to having them run along together, and then give the impression they were going to make out like animals right before the Queen exploded out of the ice.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You've forced me to do this, TJ. :D

Crainy

Crainy

I like AVPR way more than AVP. AVP is a hearthless piece of shit, just made for the reason to make cash. AVPR is a lovely piece of shit, made for the reason to make the fans happy. That needs some respect.

SiL

SiL

Other way around.

Anderson attempted to make a good, or at least decent, movie.

The Bros attempted to make something they and a handful of their friends could jerk off to.

Crainy

Crainy

Other way around.

The Bros attempted to make a good, or at least decent, movie.

Anderson attempted to make something they and a handful of their friends could jerk off to.

SiL

SiL

You fail at trolling.

When you think up scenes and film them just because they're cool, while knowing that they're going to piss off fans but doing it anyway, you're not making a movie to please the fans. Hell, you're doing the exact f**king opposite, you're going out of your way to f**k with them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 07:55:46 PM
Anderson attempted to make something they and a handful of their friends could jerk off to.
Okey, I know Anderson is pretty fast at directing, but since when there are 2?  :o :o :o

Crainy

Crainy

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2010, 07:58:51 PM
When you think up scenes and film them just because they're cool, while knowing that they're going to piss off fans but doing it anyway, you're not making a movie to please the fans. Hell, you're doing the exact f**king opposite, you're going out of your way to f**k with them.

You just described AVP 1 and Anderson´s way filming it...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 20, 2010, 05:07:42 PM
Really? You call running down dark corridors with fast cameras intense? I call it headache-inducing.

Honestly?

I mean, what dark corridors? It's a rather well lit film. The camerawork was nice and steady. In fact... I believe you are thinking of Requiem's Hospital scenes.

QuoteIt was short sure, but it was still stupid. It wasn't needed considering Anderson could have written a team up in a different manner. Instead of Scar actually taking the time to make her weapons, let him run off since she killed the one Alien and gave him his caster, and then due to poor circumstances later on in the film, have them team up just to fight off the Queen. That would have been preferable to having them run along together, and then give the impression they were going to make out like animals right before the Queen exploded out of the ice.

Look, I dislike the team-up as much as the next sane human being. It sucks. I'm not even going to try to defend it. In fact I agree with you.

But my point is that there simply wasn't much to it. It was just: Meeting - Bomb - Queen. The latter of which mainly involved Lex hotfooting it away from the Queen for dear life and letting Scar do all the work until she got lucky (unlucky for Scar) at the water tower.

Although I will say this: it didn't exactly take Scar long to put those makeshift weapons together. And it was hardly a heartfelt gesture either; more like "Hm, yeah, you're alright. I guess you could use this. Not that it'll actually do you much good..."

I'm done now.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2010, 05:14:12 PM
You've forced me to do this, TJ. :D

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9464/lexscarhighfive.jpg

Your skills are improving, young Paintawan.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Thank you, master.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 08:12:52 PM
Except I didn't.

Anderson didn't think he was going to piss people off. He had the team-up because the comics did, and people didn't chuck too much of a shit when it did it.

The Bros knew what they were doing was going to piss off half their audience; they did it anyway. They say as much on the commentaries, and don't care. Seriously, listen to that God-awful thing - "Yeah, we knew this was going to piss off the Alien fans."

Anderson doesn't spend time in his commentary actively pointing out the bits he knew would agitate people that he did anyway because he wanted to.

The Bros do.

Crainy

Crainy

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2010, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Crainy on Mar 20, 2010, 08:12:52 PM
Except I didn't.

Anderson didn't think he was going to piss people off. He had the team-up because the comics did, and people didn't chuck too much of a shit when it did it.

The Bros knew what they were doing was going to piss off half their audience; they did it anyway. They say as much on the commentaries, and don't care. Seriously, listen to that God-awful thing - "Yeah, we knew this was going to piss off the Alien fans."

Anderson doesn't spend time in his commentary actively pointing out the bits he knew would agitate people that he did anyway because he wanted to.

The Bros do.

Sorry, but i dont see any things in AVPR which could piss of fans. The only things which piss of fans come from the the first one into the second. Like earth. AVP had 1. Predator/Human love story 2. No gore 3. Shitty alien lifecycle 4. Fat predators 5. Predators die faster than human characters

AVPR had more or less everything what the fans wanted, but failed at really making it good: 1. Predalien 2. Badass Predator 3. Alien lifecycle which isnt speed up 4. Gore

Anderson didnt gave a shit, he just wanted to maximize his profit, with PG13 and generall focus on things which would look "cool" in the eyes of the youth.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You are really mixing up the two movies.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

:o

I think SiL is about to destroy you.

Crainy

Crainy

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 20, 2010, 08:39:04 PM
You are really mixing up the two movies.

Explain or your argument is invalide.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed