Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 683,964 times)

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 17, 2009, 04:07:00 AM
No, the Runner looked different because it lacked dorsal spines, and it walked on all fours mostly. People could look right at it and say: this thing came out of a four-legged creature. The Predalien, same thing. Give it a trait that is disntinctly Predator-ian, like mandibles, and people will know where it came from. The Runner didn't have fur or whiskers; why would a Predalien have mandibles?
Nor did it have horns like its parent host (why is everyone ignored this?), since it did not, the PredAlien should also not have mandibles. AvPR was good, the main problems were Chet's appearance/reproduction bs, and how pathetically weak the aliens were, other than that it was fine, but AvP had the superior storyline and special effects.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Milan on Aug 17, 2009, 05:04:11 PM
No, the Runner looked different because it lacked dorsal spines, and it walked on all fours mostly. People could look right at it and say: this thing came out of a four-legged creature. The Predalien, same thing. Give it a trait that is disntinctly Predator-ian, like mandibles, and people will know where it came from. The Runner didn't have fur or whiskers; why would a Predalien have mandibles?

Mutation?

From what?

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2009, 01:19:31 AM

Mutation?
The only legit reason I see for it to have either mandibles OR hair is if they manually inserted Predator DNA into a growing Alien fetus inside of a Pred host, only then would it make sense, other than that, Chet is completely illogical and NCF.
From what?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 18, 2009, 02:12:40 AM
The only legit reason I see for it to have either mandibles OR hair is if they manually inserted Predator DNA into a growing Alien fetus inside of a Pred host, only then would it make sense, other than that, Chet is completely illogical and NCF.

Which they didn't, because Scar was infected like anyone else.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 19, 2009, 01:39:46 AM
Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 18, 2009, 02:12:40 AM

Which they didn't, because Scar was infected like anyone else.
I didn't say he wasn't. =\

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2009, 01:19:31 AM

Mutation?

From what?

From any of the creatures...

I don't know if it's official but I read that the aliens in AVP were tampered with,
It had to do with with the short time for the embryo to become a chest buster, I think that someone heard Andersson say it, however, I'm not sure.
But if the Alien have been tampered with, then I wouldn't find it illogical if it had some side effects.

However, it doesn't really matter.
Mutations can happen without any gene or DNA manipulation, I got a friend who's son is born with one black and blue eye, that is called a mutation.
Mutations is also the thing that makes it possible for species to evolve.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Milan on Aug 21, 2009, 12:42:53 AM

What creatures? There was nothing to mutate the Alien's DNA with.

Quote from: Milan on Aug 21, 2009, 12:42:53 AMI don't know if it's official but I read that the aliens in AVP were tampered with,
It had to do with with the short time for the embryo to become a chest buster, I think that someone heard Andersson say it, however, I'm not sure.

Anderson said it? Not sure I'd believe it considering he claimed the Predators in the first two Pred movies were teens, on learning sprees.

SM

SM

I remember Anderson said it was okay to have fast gestating Aliens in his film because they had them in Alien Resurrection.  Which is incorrect.  There was an intention to make the ones in Resurrection fast gestating - but this never made it into the final film.

I think an interview where Anderson was supposed to have said that the Queen was being pumped up with Predaroids, which sped up gestation, was in fact, a fake.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2009, 06:33:34 AM
I think an interview where Anderson was supposed to have said that the Queen was being pumped up with Predaroids, which sped up gestation, was in fact, a fake.

I have heard that as well...but that was never an official explanation, so as canon rules go, it doesn't hold any water.

Yautja117

Yautja117

In the novelization it mentions it.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 21, 2009, 05:53:57 AM
Quote from: Milan on Aug 21, 2009, 12:42:53 AM

What creatures? There was nothing to mutate the Alien's DNA with.

Eh?...

I don't really understand that reply.
I don't know that much about the Alien as a speices, but when an embryo is put into a dog/ox the aliens looks different compared with an embryo put in a human host.

I think that It's the hosts play a part on how the Alien looks.
Chet came from a Predator, so a Pred-Alien might have a bigger head and larger body compared to an Alien that came from a human, a mutation might have given Chet more Predator features.
If we get one more Pred-Alien in a movie then we'll know if Chet was different or not.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What's not to understand? You said, the mutation was caused by another creature's DNA. I'm saying, that's not possible because there's nothing inherently special about the Predator that would differentiate the burster gestating inside of it, versus say, the Dog from Alien 3.

joshallan

joshallan

i couldnt even see what was going on in avpr also they for some reason changed the name to avp2 on dvd release which was weird so avp 1 4 me

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 22, 2009, 07:49:38 PM
What's not to understand? You said, the mutation was caused by another creature's DNA. I'm saying, that's not possible because there's nothing inherently special about the Predator that would differentiate the burster gestating inside of it, versus say, the Dog from Alien 3.

But the creature doesn't need to be special for a mutation to happen.
Sometimes it just happens, Chet might be a freak of nature.

The thing is we need to see the alien come from the same host twice to know how it suppose to look like.
I personally don't see anything wrong with a Pred-Alien having mandibles and dreads, okay, I can live without the dreads but I think that it, the Pred-Alien,  looked cool in the past when we saw some different versions of it, however I think that Chet has to much "Predator" in him and very little "Alien".
Didn't the brothers say that the Predator had stronger DNA and that Chet reproduces in the same way as Predators...

chedd

chedd

I honestly enjoyed AvP more than AvP:R. AvP:R had a lot of potential but it all fell short. The lighting was absurdly dark, there were some things that were unnecessary, like the skinned man in the woods. Some of the sound effects were weak. Almost all of the CGI was done terribly. The acting was atrocious. The whole plot was just somehow odd. It wasn't paced very well and almost seemed a little random at times. The fight scenes were too short and felt a little useless. And speaking of useless, every character in the movie felt totally useless to me. Every single person could have died and not affected me at all. There was no connection at all. The only character in the movie that I enjoyed was Dallas, and that was mostly for a few funny lines.

Now for AvP. The lighting was actually good, the whole pyramid thing played with the idea of ancient astronauts so I kinda liked that. On that note the pyramid itself made little sense. It had a huge generator that mankind just decided to not try and replicate, plasmacasters locked away for really no explainable reason other than to create a plot device. And something else odd. Ok the Predators came there every 100 years to hunt and whatnot. Well they needed sacrifices. There have not been any natural inhabitants of Antarctica for a very, very long time. If ever. So whether or not the pyramid starts up is pointless since there's no one there except for during this movie. Also since the Predators detonated their bomb the pyramid really shouldn't even be there. So pyramid hole aside, lets continue. The CGI in this movie was pretty decent. Not the best but not bad. The predator face design was very bad. The rest of their design was pretty good. The aliens looked pretty good. The Queen looked amazing albeit a little large. The acting wasn't that bad. It wasn't the best but it wasn't awful. I personally didn't mind the Scar/Lex teamup. Predators are a logical race, and logic in that situation says you'll need all the help you can get. And if you have help you might as well have them capable of surviving an alien attack so he made a shield and spear for her.

So all in all I have to side with AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed