Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,095 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah, that certainly is strange. If it were the featured article in a few weeks, say Aug 13th, it would make more sense since that will be 5 years since it's release here in the U.S. Damn, i remember going to the midnight showing with some friends; the theater had a good crowd although it wasn't packed. A grandma was there with a few grandchildren which we questioned, a middle aged white man was sitting a few seats over that was a little too obsessed with Predator = he was the only 1 shouting 'go Predator!!' @ any point during the previews/actual film. The film itself... well, @ the time i didn't hate it @ all + actually thought it was a fun time. I still don't hate it as much as most others seem to but w/e - lol. I got back home + posted on this forum about it + how all the previously reported issues with the film (all of which amounted to knit-picking) weren't that big a deal. Then a day or so later the forum/site was gone. Yeah... that's about all - lol

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 26, 2009, 03:33:32 PM
Then a day or so later the forum/site was gone.

I heard about that. Why did the site go offline?

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I believe it was b/c Darkness hated the movie enough to can the entire thing. Twas a shame but i rediscovered this place several years afterwards when it was up + running in anticipation of AVP:R.

Übermensch

Übermensch

I don't blame him, I had to watch a bootleg and I thought it was terrible.  Now I have changed my opinion on it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 27, 2009, 03:53:23 AM
I believe it was b/c Darkness hated the movie enough to can the entire thing. Twas a shame but i rediscovered this place several years afterwards when it was up + running in anticipation of AVP:R.

Yup. He didn't see the use in keeping the site going since it was a letdown, but I think that's a bit odd since the AvP universe isn't just about the one movie. There's more to discuss and thankfully and he brought the site back and is keeping it alive.

Predboy

Predboy

Especially since AvPR was another let down, but thankfully, he didn't close the site because of that.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I see. How interesting...

Zyklon

Zyklon

As rubbish as AVP was, it was a mindless, but harmless little spin-off, and didn't really damage either franchise. AVP:R, on the other hand was utterly horrendous. It was like an episode of Hollyoaks with aliens and predators - both of which were reduced to generic hollywood monsters for teenagers to cheer and clap at (even more so than in the first film).

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Zyklon on Aug 01, 2009, 09:29:05 PM
As rubbish as AVP was, it was a mindless, but harmless little spin-off, and didn't really damage either franchise. AVP:R, on the other hand was utterly horrendous. It was like an episode of Hollyoaks with aliens and predators - both of which were reduced to generic hollywood monsters for teenagers to cheer and clap at (even more so than in the first film).

But it has it's moments...
...I think that Wolf looks awesome.
It's so cool when Chet head bites the doctor in the hospital and his nose disappears.
But the story, characters and acting could have been better.

Cpt.Lewis

Cpt.Lewis

AVP is best one of the AVP series, hand down.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

-Rubs eyes-

Is... Is AvP R in the lead!?

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 14, 2009, 06:51:13 PM
-Rubs eyes-

Is... Is AvP R in the lead!?

I was shocked when i first realized that as well...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wasn't, considering AvP:R is more entertaining to watch.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

lol - right...

Personally i feel we should start a new poll + see if the results are the same. This poll opened the day of AvP:R's release so it makes sense that it holds a firm lead as anyone coming off an immediate high of seeing it would vote it better than AvP. It's very possible their opinion could have diminished since then. Of course, the opposite could have occurred as well. Either way - someone should start this pole from scratch.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 15, 2009, 07:04:40 AM
This poll opened the day of AvP:R's release so it makes sense that it holds a firm lead as anyone coming off an immediate high of seeing it would vote it better than AvP.

I was literally just about to ask wtf was going on with AvP:R being in the lead  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed