Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 436,122 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I got a true haircut for the first time in 11 years today! (Go to WMYHappyToday? thread for spoilers)

Topazora

Topazora

I actually love camping, I love sleeping in a tent and being out in the wilderness- its been such a long time sine I've done it and I kinda miss it.  Or at least get a cabin somewhere, away from everyone and noise.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I grew up at the foot of a mountain range in Alaska, surrounded by miles of forests and bears (and bear shit). I love the woods, minus the ticks and stuff. There's something about the paradox of it being the most beautiful, peaceful environment accessible to you, and at the same time the most forbidding and hostile -- you can't live there unaided, you can only visit.

I remember when I left NYC for the first time on a bus, I wept when I saw actual trees and forests again through the window :P

Aspie

Aspie

awwww cute Cvalda fact of the day

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on May 31, 2014, 03:28:19 AM
you can't live there unaided, you can only visit.
Well, unless you know how...

Nightmare Asylum

I grew up at the foot of a mountain range in Alaska, surrounded by miles of forests and bears (and bear shit). I love the woods, minus the ticks and stuff. There's something about the paradox of it being the most beautiful, peaceful environment accessible to you, and at the same time the most forbidding and hostile -- you can't live there unaided, you can only visit.

I remember when I left NYC for the first time on a bus, I wept when I saw actual trees and forests again through the window :P

http://www.fubiz.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Undertheskin-6.jpg

Cvalda

Cvalda

Minus the ticks and stuff... and rapists.

Topazora

Topazora

unfortunately, having been raised in Southern California suburbia, the closest thing to a wilderness near our house was the preserve over by a mountain area.  Great for hiking, just gotta watch out for rattlers, coyotes and bobcats.  I would always try to trek up the path, but since I was still pretty small, I would get into huge trouble.  My dad was a cub scout leader and he was really into camping, so he would try to get us out into the woods every once in a while- good times.
I also went to my fair share of summer camps up into the mountains.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 31, 2014, 03:42:07 AM
Minus the ticks and stuff... and rapists.

yeah... one of the reasons I'm afraid to just go out and camp.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I used to camp all the time thanks to the cub/boy scouts.  My dad's side of the family have always been heavy into agriculture so I would also have days where we did nothing but fourwheel and fish and all that good stuff as well at their farms. 

I actually miss taking an atv through the woods quite a bit. 

I do not miss sleeping out in the wild though.  One of the things that you can do in the boy scouts is join the order of the arrow and your initiation is to be left on a tarp with only the clothes on your back.  Rolled into my tarp like a burrito, fell asleep and woke up with a facefull of daddy longlegs just chilling on my noggin.

It was actually worse in the boy scouts than it is in the Army because you have better issued stuff given to you.  In the scouts you just had to accept getting tick and mosquito bitten and being soggy and wet all the time.  Depending on your propensity to bring snivel gear out in the field during ftx or deployments you can sleep in relative comfort in comparison in the Army. 

Went backpacking in TN and got deerticks all over my balls.  Should've worn boxer briefs.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I'm usually very calm and not easily prone to bouts of emotion, but recently, I've been getting angry very easily. I don't exactly know why.  :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 31, 2014, 04:00:05 AM
Went backpacking in TN and got deerticks all over my balls.  Should've worn boxer briefs.
That's a horrible mental image.

Even without the ticks. ;D

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 31, 2014, 04:07:14 AM
I'm usually very calm and not easily prone to bouts of emotion, but recently, I've been getting angry very easily. I don't exactly know why.  :-\
Must be the Chik-Fil-A.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Cvalda on May 31, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 31, 2014, 04:07:14 AM
Must be the Chik-Fil-A.

Maybe...

Tonight, right as we were closing, this group of twatbags jumps through the door at the last minute and orders a shit ton of food. Made me quite angry. Didn't do anything to their food, though.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Deer ticks give me the creeps, because they can carry Lyme disease.

I enjoy being outside.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Nature is Satan's church.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cvalda on May 31, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

I rock those things like Wahlberg. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed