AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?

Started by Darkness, Sep 22, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Author
AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator? (Read 30,265 times)

Darkness

It’s been a long time since we’ve heard anything about a potential Predator 3 movie. Producer John Davis did an interview with Collider (news is also on Bloody-Disgusting) and he mentions what the future may hold:

You were also involved with AVP and AVPR, which are two great franchises, but they haven't been able to work as a joint franchise. When are we going to see them go separate? Or are we going to see a third AVP?
John Davis: Well, the Governor has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn't run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he'd like to do a movie or two again. And I don't know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise.

So if Arnold wanted to do it, it's going to get made?
John Davis: Well we'd have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it, but Predator was the first movie I was ever involved with, so it's always going to have a really soft spot in my heart.

So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?
John Davis: I think we've logically done what we could've done with the two AVP movies. But I think there's something to go back to with Predator .

So there you have it. I never thought Arnie would return to acting though, especially in a new Predator movie. However, it’s definitely a positive that they’re ditching the AvP franchise.

jimmyboy

Role on predator 3 then - I just hope they don't ruin it and that they get a decent script & director on board who isn't a fan

Dragonblaster

So no AVP3 at all ?

The Demon

Sounds good to me.    ;D  

YutaniDitch

YESSSS!

Mr. Weyland

And just when I though that AVP3 might be the one we wanted, set in the future in space, but no, due to the fact that the last film was created by predator fan boys, all these films did was boost predator popularity, destroying most of the mystery, and ruining aliens dignity.  What more can you do with predator really that we don't know, I do wont a predator 3, but at the death of alien, thank you predator fan boys    ;)  

AvPvTerminator

oh thats what im talking bout !!!!!   ;D  

username64

i want AVP3    :'(  

Sgt.Torque Reikan

maybe Davis isn't as much of a f**ktard as I thought   ::)  

Alien³

not convinced yet, but all for PREDATOR 3!

Johnny Handsome

But he didnt say anything about Predator 3 but a RESTART. That would be sooo f**king stupid.

gameoverman

Well they already ruined Alien 5 and the AVP franchise so Predator is the only thing left now.    :-\  

Johnny Handsome

He said that they need a good script, which is all good and it gives me hope but then again they said yes to the avp-r script which was piss poor from the start. To that comes that it will have an ultra low budget and arnold was never very proud of Predator anyway so why do another one... I just cant see this working.

Spaghetti

guess the cheap bastards know doing alien 5 would take allot of money and work and with the BS ruining AVP, they think they can get a quick buck with another cheaply made movie with an aging action star.

The Ultimate Predator

Great, great news.    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed