modprecar

Quote from: Black on Mar 17, 2012, 11:56:39 PM
Whats goin on here then?

Its a alien zoom in over her body

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 18, 2012, 04:21:06 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:31:13 AM
When does she make reference to it? The part when she says "Prometheus are you seeing this?" If so I didn't realize that's what she was referring to.

In one part she says "Overhead, they're changing" and I thought it was in reference to the alien looking mural on the ceiling. But, at the rate these theories are flying out of these threads, who knows.

I wonder why she was crying during that scene, too.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I bet the robot was behind that bit.

Or is that obvious and I'm just slow on the uptake?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Mar 18, 2012, 04:24:16 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Mar 18, 2012, 04:21:06 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:31:13 AM
When does she make reference to it? The part when she says "Prometheus are you seeing this?" If so I didn't realize that's what she was referring to.

In one part she says "Overhead, they're changing" and I thought it was in reference to the alien looking mural on the ceiling. But, at the rate these theories are flying out of these threads, who knows.

I wonder why she was crying during that scene, too.

Also, what's the Jockey messing with when the chair rises out of the floor?

I just realized that was a tear. I thought it was sweat at first. That is interesting.

Also, what's the Jockey messing with when the chair rises out of the floor?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm assuming something scary happens first. Like the acid spray thing?

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

If I went light years into space, to another planet, inside some temple or complex and found structures-technology capped off with a giant human head you bet your a## I'd be crying too. Then I'd immediately soil myself and get off that planet.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: cmdcnqr on Mar 18, 2012, 04:38:43 AM
If I went light years into space, to another planet, inside some temple or complex and found structures-technology capped off with a giant human head you bet your a## I'd be crying too. Then I'd immediately soil myself and get off that planet.
I second this.

Narcissus

Narcissus

Quote from: Eldritch on Mar 18, 2012, 12:13:19 AM
I wonder what the significance of Charlize's dialog at the beginning of the trailer has in the movie.

"A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable."

Could it be that the "king" is Peter Weyland perhaps? Or our Creator?
I tend to agree with the consensus that the engineers are a dead race when discovered by the crew of the Prometheus. They can be re-born when another host is found. They share a similar biological structure to the ALIEN itself. Question is--does the ampule chamber contain more than one form of biological structure? The burial mound is very Egyptian in design and structure. Also, Egyptians certainly believed in reincarnation...

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

if that's true, then what is their relation with the xenomorph?

fiveways

fiveways

Someone on Prometheusforums.net pointed out that there are 4 capsules in this one, in the other shots we generally see 3.  I am wondering if the jockey come from one of these capsules/tombs.

reference.

icedog97

At the 1:37 mark of the new trailer, a better image of what Shaw appeared to be looking up at...

I enhanced the brightness and contrast...

You can clearly see a figure...most noticeable are the mid section and hip area...and the head which has very little detail...

Spoiler
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Lots of spectacular imagery in this trailer and it does seem to have a very ominous feel to it with a sense of looming horror.  And it all looks lush and beautiful.  I would have preferred gritty and "grungy" as Scott described it, but at this point I just want to see the movie and see how everything is approached.  Some of the speculation is making me nervous (human like jockeys, mutations, a strong link between humans and the aliens etc.) but at this point that's all it is - speculation.

You know what I would love, if we somehow got a nod to the technology seen in Alien.  I don't know how but maybe if there was a scene taking place on another ship or if there's a scene dealing with the company, they could show some of the other technology.  In addition to the other nods to Alien, it would help tie things in some more and bridge the styles.  I don't know if I'm making much sense here.  I'm tired.  :P

I just want this to be as amazing as I think it will be.

Things I loved in the full trailer:

- The buildup and sfx in the first 30 seconds.
- I haven't seen any of Noomi Rapace's work before but I'm liking her as an actress based on the footage I've seen of her in Prometheus.  I love her very unique look and voice.  All in all, a very strong ensemble cast.  I was happy to learn that there are no "leads" in this, so to speak.  It's truly an ensemble effort where everybody's important.
- That moment where a tear falls down Shaw's cheek as she says, "Overhead, they're changing," is great.  It's unnerving almost.  And you definitely get a sense of terror and awe at the same time.
- All the stunning new shots.

This needs to be R.  This needs to be at least 150 mins long.

*Off Topic* Really bummed there were no PG-13 vs R questions.  So many opportunities to have that question come up, but alas...nothing.

Ok, time for me to go to bed and dream of Prometheus.

Narcissus

Narcissus

@ Fiveways :  perhaps there is going to be some connection between the pinkish brain-like matter below those sarcophagus-like structures? After and engineer is created in one of those--it is spent? Is this engineer re-created by something the crew of the Prometheus initiates? Is David directly responsible for the actual theft of alien technology that angers the Gods? He appears to be the one who activates the star map in the alien craft, where later we see the "engineer" holding the same Earth-like 3D image that activates the navigational chair in the center of the room. It all looks pretty damn cool to me!

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 18, 2012, 05:49:46 AM

*Off Topic* Really bummed there were no PG-13 vs R questions.  So many opportunities to have that question come up, but alas...nothing.

Tons of people were asking on FB and twitter.  They chose to avoid that question.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Im in love with this tralier ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed