Best Thrash Metal Band!

Started by Matriarch, May 14, 2023, 10:24:47 AM

What is the best thrash metal band in your expert, professional opinion?

Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Testament
Sepultura
Exodus
Overkill
Death Angel
Nuclear Assault
Other Band (post it)
Author
Best Thrash Metal Band! (Read 1,128 times)

Matriarch

Matriarch

Not sure if anyone is still alive on this site but just in case let me know what you think is the best thrash metal band to ever grace your ears! These are some of my favorite bands amongst the famous ones.  I'm fairly unfamiliar with modern thrash but if you got anything else let me know.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

Sorry I missed this before - Metallica is my favorite of these but don't really thrash anymore so I chose Exodus.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm really more into Black and Death metal, but I'll give you a bump.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I'm also more of a death metal guy, but I get into a thrash/crossover groove here and there.

Cliche answer but it's got be Slayer and always Slayer imo.
I still hear bands across all forms of metal and hardcore biting or paying homage to their riffs and style to this day.

As far as modern thrash, Power Trip is one of the supreme (RIP Riley Gale).

Ingwar

Ingwar

I voted Metallica because of 80s: Ride, Master and Justice.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 23, 2024, 07:00:42 PMI'm really more into Black and Death metal, but I'll give you a bump.

What is the sickest, most depraved black/death metal band you've ever encountered?  I'm in the mood. >:(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2024, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 23, 2024, 07:00:42 PMI'm really more into Black and Death metal, but I'll give you a bump.

What is the sickest, most depraved black/death metal band you've ever encountered?  I'm in the mood. >:(

Here's some off the top of my head. Spoilered so as not to derail the thread.

Spoiler
        (Skip to Dismal Paradise (35:46))

[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2024, 10:25:47 PMWhat is the sickest, most depraved black/death metal band you've ever encountered?  I'm in the mood. >:(

I know you didn't ask me specifically, but I hope it's ok to contribute a couple favorites:

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I feel like Nicolas Cage in this scene.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Not exactly black/death metal, but a Scandinavian neo-pagan folklore band that does very ceremonial music with bones ~

👁🕸👁🤘🌌

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 25, 2024, 11:27:10 PMNot exactly black/death metal, but a Scandinavian neo-pagan folklore band that does very ceremonial music with bones ~

👁🕸👁🤘🌌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1BsKIP4uYM

very nice. kind of music  that doesn t require electronic equipment to make. very tribal. is this what the vikings sang and danced like prior to war or so? very ceremonial indeed. the vibe is brilliant. are they well known internationally?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed