Predator 1 was a foolish pred

Started by azerty, Aug 27, 2007, 06:19:59 PM

Author
Predator 1 was a foolish pred (Read 3,013 times)

azerty

azerty

Before you go nuts, it's a fantastic movie, one of my all time faves BUT

He isn't really giving his opponents a chance (except for Dutch) He doesn't face them, he hits them with some plasma from way out and high in the threes. Does he call that sport? Blaine gets a shot in the back, that black dude forgot his name first gets his arm shot and only then the predator faces him. Mac had no chance on the ground.

But offcourse he didn't have a big variety of weapons available...

Predator 2 always got in the middle of the action for some real fighting!

The AvP preds had to fight because they coulden't use their plasmagun yet.

Master Chief

Quote from: azerty on Aug 27, 2007, 06:19:59 PM
one of my all time faves

And you forgot Dillon's name...

He hunted them down just fine.

azerty

azerty

Haven't seen the film in ages and i tend to forget...

I can't see the hunt really, His plasmagun even hits the target automatic.

He is just a sadistic killing machine with superior weaponry

Master Chief

Really, you didn't see the hunt in this?  He picked his prey and took them out one at a time.

azerty

azerty

I can see that but what's the sport in that, he was never threatened. I know human hunters on earth act the same but i also believe they are foolish.

Pred 1 is what gamers call a noob in multiplayer games.

I prefer a fighter like predator 2

Demonio Cazador

Isn't that what hunting is pretty much?
Killing a creature just because you can?...

Chaotic-Strike

He isn't really giving his opponents a chance (except for Dutch) He doesn't face them, he hits them with some plasma from way out and high in the threes. Does he call that sport? Blaine gets a shot in the back, that black dude forgot his name first gets his arm shot and only then the predator faces him. Mac had no chance on the ground.

The AvP preds had to fight because they coulden't use their plasmagun yet.
The whole honor code wasnt really thought out to much untill predator 2 and its comics I believe here he was hunting for sport not honor but its been retconned now

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

I can see that but what's the sport in that, he was never threatened. I know human hunters on earth act the same but i also believe they are foolish.

Pred 1 is what gamers call a noob in multiplayer games.

I prefer a fighter like predator 2

It's a technique called culling.  The majority of Dutch's team weren't worthy of actual effort and their survival would only mean fathering weaker prey in the future. 

More importantly, by systematically picking them off, the Predator would then be able to savor the thrill of a one on one battle with Dutch without having the others around to annoy him and/or get in the way.

Caledonia

Caledonia

Man shoots deer. rhino, buffalo from a distance and claims the body one at a time just like the Predator.

As for up close and personal, the Predator kills Hawkins with wristblades, kills Dillon with wristbaldes, presumably kills Billy with wristblades, fights Dutch hand to hand.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

He saw Dutch as the best of the team, hence why he killed off the other people, and why he faced him Man to Alien-Man.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Those who were stupid died. Dutch wasn't exactly a genius, but he seemed to come across the fatal flaw in the Predator's visual spectrum. I'm not sure if he intentionally chose him, though; I would rather say that it was a match born out of circumstance. It obviously didn't bother the Predator. I don't think he would have prepped his blades if he thought he was up for another easy kill, or if Dutch was just another one of his prey to conquer. But the original Predator...stupid? All of the interpretations outside of the original Pred are expansions done after the fact. If anything, I'd call him the one Pred we've seen yet on the screen truly devoted to the nature of the hunt and the hunt alone along with what it brings- even the Wolf has ulterior motives for his actions.

Uncanny Antman

As has already been pointed out, the Predator hunts no differently to cowardly ol' human hunters.

Sneaky, technology assisted...the only real sport to it is in the mind of the hunter.

arnold23

arnold23

The hunter in p1 was smart...the others got killed cause they were foolish dumbasses

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 29, 2007, 03:49:45 AM
As has already been pointed out, the Predator hunts no differently to cowardly ol' human hunters.

Sneaky, technology assisted...the only real sport to it is in the mind of the hunter.

Out of interest- then how would you explain his willingness to disarm himself of the aforementioned technology and take on Dutch hand-to-hand when he could have easily killed him once the coat of mud had washed off?

Caledonia

Caledonia

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Aug 29, 2007, 05:53:25 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 29, 2007, 03:49:45 AM

Out of interest- then how would you explain his willingness to disarm himself of the aforementioned technology and take on Dutch hand-to-hand when he could have easily killed him once the coat of mud had washed off?
He meant in general, I assume.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed