Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 148,030 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not 100% on which episode this actually got mentioned in (I think it was this one - https://perfectorganism.podbean.com/e/episode-58-the-blomkamp-controversy-sequel-ideas/) but the fellas over at Perfect Organism have been told that work on the sequels has now stopped.

I'm not heard anything myself but I know these guys do have legit contacts.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I hope they mean alien 5 and not Covenant sequels. Those mofo's over at fox owe us at least one movie to wrap this shit up.

Corporal Hicks

They mean the prequel sequels.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Gunfunit! I hope all this means is another 5 year hiatus.

Hemi

Hemi

Great...So (maybe) Aliens: Colonial Marines / Alien: Isolation and now Alien: Covenant are all left hanging....

*sigh

Richman678

Richman678

What sucks about this if it's true is we won't get anything for like 5 years. It also stinks because I actually did want to see how this whole thing ended.

That being said I'm not really surprised. The fan reactions to Covenant have been overwhelmingly negative.

Salt The Fries

I'd donate $100m myself in an instant if I had that much money to burn.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I'm not going to believe second hand info from some fan podcast. 

Alien Covenant did make money.  They will make more.

Salt The Fries

If I were Scott, I'd really insist and use whatever private funding from whatever he's making off Scott Free and other stuff. But Scott is very pragmatic now, so I don't know...

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 18, 2017, 12:52:44 PM
What sucks about this if it's true is we won't get anything for like 5 years. It also stinks because I actually did want to see how this whole thing ended.

That being said I'm not really surprised. The fan reactions to Covenant have been overwhelmingly negative.

Not overwhelmingly negative.  A lot of people think they're great!  You might like to re-evaluate your assessment there. 

Besides, this kind of rumor flies around all the time.  It's complete horseshit until officially announced by Fox. 

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

Fox is not going to release a formal statement saying they aren't working on a Covenant sequel.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

You're going to have to wait until one of the stars is promoting another film or Scott himself. You won't get shit out of Fox about this.

It's a shame really, I'm not a huge fan of the prequels (prefer Covenant to Prometheus) but I want to see where they're going. Especially after that cliffhanger ending.

Richman678

Richman678

Maybe it just means Ridley Scott wont be working on it.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If this turns out to be true then that's excellent news.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

I don't buy this at all. Wouldn't have thought they would make any decisions until after the Japan release anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed