Alien Quadrilogy - Best thing Fox has ever done for it's fans?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2007, 12:58:02 PM

Author
Alien Quadrilogy - Best thing Fox has ever done for it's fans? (Read 8,667 times)

That Yellow Alien

The cover for the US is better, but the packaging for the UK is just better. The US one folds out until it is like 7 ft long and is a pain in the ass to open. Where as the UK one may have less inspiring artwork, but is packaged like a book, you just flip through the slides. Way easier to manage than the folding and unfolding. Plus it keeps the discs in. :P

UK

US

Anomaly

Good thing i bought each separately, then I was able to avoid A: Res.

Its Game Time

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 19, 2007, 05:16:36 AM
The cover for the US is better, but the packaging for the UK is just better. The US one folds out until it is like 7 ft long and is a pain in the ass to open. Where as the UK one may have less inspiring artwork, but is packaged like a book, you just flip through the slides. Way easier to manage than the folding and unfolding. Plus it keeps the discs in. :P

UK
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/MikeSutton/alienquad1.jpg

US
http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2003/2003-12/30-snider-aliens-inside.jpg

It is a pain in the ass, imagine having to get Alien or Alien Res, you have to unfold the whole dang thing just to get either one. But the art of it is sweet.

frost

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 20, 2007, 03:31:07 AM
Good thing i bought each separately, then I was able to avoid A: Res.
it aint complete without Alien Resurrection  :o

The Hunting Warrior

everyone knows how much everyone hates Alien Ressurection: All buyers of The Quadrilogy, avoid A: Res

Its Game Time

I didnt avoid it simply because (same reason as Avp) i may watch later down the road. Didnt care for Res, doesnt mean i wont watch it sometime. I'd rather have it in case i do want to watch it.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Its Game Time on Nov 20, 2007, 05:46:30 AM
It is a pain in the ass, imagine having to get Alien or Alien Res, you have to unfold the whole dang thing just to get either one. But the art of it is sweet.

I don't have to imagine it, I've experienced it. What the hell were the designers thinking? Just make it like the UK one but keep the US artwork.

coolshow

I had the R2 box set i paid £17.99 the box gets damaged easly but worth every penny . Its still a fantastic set am holding out for the Alien Quadrilogy blu ray hope they do a book style with that one too .

Purebreedalien

I bought mine when it first came out for £69.99 in Woolworths and it's only £14.99 in most places now. Kinda annoyed but I'm still happy I've got it.

alienfan95610

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Dec 14, 2009, 08:47:34 PM
I bought mine when it first came out for £69.99 in Woolworths and it's only £14.99 in most places now. Kinda annoyed but I'm still happy I've got it.

Yeah, it's annoying but it's the way the game works. The Quad came out in 2003, it's now 2009. Prices drop over the years. Best Buy still sells it for $50, but Amazon sells it for as cheap as $25...which is a helluva cheap price for a 9 disc set!  ;)

coolshow

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Dec 14, 2009, 08:47:34 PM

Its still worth it at full price you get tons of extres and there's more to come on blu ray. Anyone know how many copies the Alien Quadrilogy sold world wide ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed