PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 57,150 times)

Kaltes

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 06, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
Bad Blood is a decent Predator comic, but the fights are a bit hard to follow and the human story is terrible.

Personally, from my first impression it's one of my favorites. Though I'll admit the Predator Vs. Predator fight was a tad hard to follow at times, but still leagues better than the one in Predators.

Enforcer almost had him, damn it.

Randomizer

If they chose to have this as a prequel to the new Predator movie I would've liked it. Not only would it be logical but it would also be advantageous to them, depending on what the actual plot is.

Everlasting Undead

As a side note: When multiple films / universes combine together into one

The symbol on the Enforcer's helmet - it's pretty much a replica of the insignia the Visitors from the original "V" mini series / TV series that aired in the early 80s used...

http://tinyurl.com/go3jkfz

Tube

Tube

This is a terrible idea for a story. What is it with authors/producers/execs/whoever these days having to mess with every decent film ever made? Overexposition is bad storytelling mistake number one. I don't want to know see how Darth Vader became Darth Vader. I certainly don't want to see him as a six-year old kid. I don't want to see how the xenomorphs were created. I just can't see how this hack could think that wrecking a perfectly respectable story by someone else constitutes a novel. Get your own story! How hard is it? Do a little research, and a little thinking. Hands off P1 you cranks!

EJA

One thing about this that does please me is that the franchise will finally revisit the setting and characters of the very first Predator movie.

SiL

In a way that adds nothing to either.

Nostromo

I may be wrong or this has been said before...but it seems Fox is coming up with ideas on how to expand the storyline of older movies and giving a few pages to writers to complete the story...like in Alien: Out of the Shadows...

They've been doing this with Star Wars for a while, most of them have worked out ok.

Batalien

Batalien

Fox deleted previous comics and novels canon just so they can re-write Alien & Predator movies with these  shoehorned novels.

Local Trouble

This may have already been mentioned, but didn't Anna tell a story in the original movie that heavily implied the predators have hunted that region before?

FiorinaFury161

Okay... while I will consider reading this, it sounds tripe and off course with all the details in the film. LT is correct with Anna's story about the previous hunts in that region. Further pushes the details in the film will turn the events in this book. Oh well.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It even carried over to the sequel, in which the feds had solid intel about the predators being attracted to heat and conflict.  I can only assume that Anna and/or Dutch told the same story when they got debriefed/interrogated.

QuoteWhen I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men.

Maybe these novelists should watch the movies they're writing about.

The Alien Predator

To be fair, some of you people are acting like it's the author's fault when in fact it's the execs at Fox who commissioned him to write this story. The guy has almost no say in what to do, he can only make suggestions.

Like how Tim Lebbon was told to write a story about an alien race invading humans and Predators, but he instead said "how about we make this a rogue faction of humans instead of aliens?" And Fox happened to be ok with that.

But besides these small things, these guys have absolutely no control so it's hardly Christopher Golden's fault, he's just writing this, not making up the story... only filling in the blanks to the points provided for him.

If he left this project, then they'd get someone else to write the exact same story.

Kaltes

I never blamed the author much, I always figured it was dumbass company executives.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 07, 2016, 08:35:16 PM
I never blamed the author much, I always figured it was dumbass company executives.

Not pointing fingers at you mate. I just feel like some people here seem to be directly blaming the author while it's most likely company execs who called the shots here.

I fully understand the concerns though. Predator is a cult classic.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2016, 11:29:32 AM
In a way that adds nothing to either.

Yeah, that's my biggest issue actually. Sure, it would've been worse if it flat out contradicted the events in P1, but even so, why even throw money at a story that has no real purpose that would've worked better as an fun fact side-note? I know the answer (money), but still, there must be a boatload of other Predator manuscripts and stories out there worth taking a look at. This is just lazy and uninspiring.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed