Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 77,992 times)

Serrow

Serrow

As a predator, I primarily hunt aliens, rather then marines. This is simply due to the fact that if a marine sees me, I'm f**ked most of the time. I might respond quickly and nail him with a heavy and then finish him, or get him with the disc. But chances are, he sees me, he unloads lead, and unless I high-tail it out of there, I'm gone.

So I usually do a priority list of Alien - Marine - Predator. Simply because Aliens are straightforward and easy to fight, marines aren't unless they're distracted or stupid/new.

As a marine, you give up your speed for firepower. You can take out predators in seconds, you can take out aliens in seconds, you can take out -eachother- in seconds. All from a distance.You're ment to group up, and set up a perimeter before you wander off. 99.9% of my marine kills occur when the marine never knew I was there. Any other time, well, I'm a puddle of green ooze.

CANNON

CANNON

i feel ya sarrow. thats why the disc becomes a best freind against a good marine.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Kane on Feb 07, 2010, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Feb 07, 2010, 03:41:48 PM
Come to think of it it also works from the side against a strafe, too... probably a function of collision, or maybe the Pred has a dragonball sphere of ultimate power.

QuoteI thought you can block heavy attacks with light attacks

See: Pred win button thread.

Sorry, i can't find anything under "pred win button".
Can you show me the thread?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28694.0

WinterActual

Marine speed is fine.After all you can't sprint like a car with armor,pulse rifle,pistol/shotgun,metal plates,boots etc.

Kane

Kane

Many thanks. ;)

Dusk

Dusk

The melee needs some serious fixng. I don't mind losing in close combat, but it pisses me off when I get by the wristblade, even though I'm 10 ft away.

Caosss

Caosss

Marines are fine, marines are strong as hell and can take on the other 2 species any day if hes decent.

CANNON

CANNON

Quote from: Caosss on Feb 07, 2010, 05:12:32 PM
Marines are fine, marines are strong as hell and can take on the other 2 species any day if hes decent.

thats the truth

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Marine speed is fine. They aren't meant to sprint for a long period of time or to go uber fast. They are meant for firepower not running speed.

CANNON

CANNON

Quote from: AcidGlow on Feb 07, 2010, 05:17:06 PM
Marine speed is fine. They aren't meant to sprint for a long period of time or to go uber fast. They are meant for firepower not running speed.

this is trueeeeeeeee

Inverse Effect

I say finishers because, a marine doing a trophy kill just isnt right. So why not have Finishers? depending on the weapon used? i think they could be two to three per weapon. But heres a quick layout.

-Shotgun-
*Grabs shotgun and places it in the aliens mouth*

Marine says "EAT THIS"

*Blows a hole through the Alien/Predator skull*

-Smartgun-

*Marine knocks down Alien/Predator on the floor with the Smartgun*

Marine then says "LETS ROCK!!" And pumps 100 Smartgun rounds into the Aliens head/body at point blank untill the head exploads or untill the body turns into a bullet riddled sack of meat.

-Pistol-

Marine Gets his foot and holds the alien's head down on the floor and unloads a full clip of pistol rounds into the aliens head and says "You want some of this?" And then finaly pistol whips the alien to make sure its dead.

Some of these are pretty cool and are taken from Aliens.

VEF214

VEF214

Sorry ikarop.

My list of things I would change:

1.) Fix Predator vs. Alien melee
2.) Increase the flamethrower's damage
3.) Make the Predator cloak better
4.) Decrease the amount of auto-aim
5.) Increase cooldown of Predator ranged weapons

Ash 937

Ash 937

The level design is poor, the weapons are inconstantly bad or just ridiculously underpowered, and it takes forever to find a match to play online.  Naming a thread "Mechanics Needing To Be Changed" is just another way of saying "I don't want to just come out and say this but...the demo sucks."

I really do hope its that what we have is indeed an early build of the game.  Otherwise, its gonna take a hell of a lot of updates to fix this mess.

But I also gotta be honest...I already pre-ordered the game and I think it is gonna do the job to hold me down until A:CM arrives next year.  After that, I doubt I will touch this game outside of an occasion about once a year or so after that.  And if Rebellion doesn't fix all of these problems I might just enjoy navigating my skills to master the everything that is unbalanced about this game just because it will be interesting to do it.  Hell, I already forced myself to do this once when Alien Resurrection came out on the PSOne.

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 07, 2010, 09:46:18 PM
The level design is poor

I disagree. I find the level to be interesting. It could use a few tweaks here and there, but overall it suits the three species nicely.

Marines use the corridors, two lower rooms, and the ramped area with the smartgun and sniper to their advantage. Aliens use the hive resin areas and darkened areas to their advantage. Predators use the two central beams and side catwalks to their advantage. The map has really grown on me.

Brilbink.nl

Brilbink.nl

I kinda miss falling down on an victim while playing the alien. Press shift to stick to the ceilling position yourself above target and let loos of shift, then kill the target :)

And get rid of the E autokill

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed