Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 652,619 times)

Trooper909

Trooper909

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 02, 2014, 05:20:52 AMIt's filtered flooring for fish tanks. I'm in the US and I got mine at the (second) Pet's Mart I went to. You should be able to find it in the fish tank/filter section of a pet shop.

Totally forgot I asked that..Thanx mate.Can't seem to get that exact filter here in England but I got the exact ones from the Neca queen dio.Something about them being an outdated filter for fish so they don't stock them anymore or something.

Mint_Condition

To see more, visit ---> http://mintconditioncustom.com/predator-armor-dutch-custom-action-figure

To see exclusive WIP photos, see the video ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyiD5632l6Y

The design for Predator Armor Dutch was inspired by a mix of the old Kenner toys, and my desire to see Dutch show up again in another Predator movie. I thought it would have been cool to see Dutch hunting Predators for the U.S. government. Imagine if Schwarzennegger was in the Predators movie, but in the Laurence Fishburne role of Nolan! That would have been awesome. Predator Armor Dutch is made using a NECA Jungle Encounter Dutch, and a NECA Predator, of course. I stripped off all the armor and weapons from the Predator, and basically attached them to Dutch. I used the two pack Dutch, which was all bloodied, so I had to completely repaint him to clean him up. I had to do some major dremeling to the Predator wrist gauntlets, and to Dutch's forearms, to get them to slip on. I had to dremel some of Dutch's side to get the armor to fit right as well. I glued all the armor down, and even attached a net launcher from a NECA Predator 2 figure. So now that Dutch is utilizing all the weapons and armor of his greatest enemy, he's ready to hunt down every last Predator that makes its way to Earth!

Thanks for looking!

Trespasser

Trespasser

Here is a custom Predator I'm working on.

It's a predator based on what the Minator myth came from.
I'm going to be adding a lot more details, this is still just a work in progress pic.
plus some custom skulls. Can you guess what the two on the right are?  ;D
one question I have is how to paint the netting? I get paint everywhere doing that, and I seen customizers make it look so clean.
What do you think so far?

Here's a link to it on my Deviant art site, http://emporerxur.deviantart.com/art/Minator-predator-WIP-495317506?ga_submit_new=10%253A1416366712&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1 Fav if your on.  :laugh:

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

cool pictures

Vark_

Vark_

This is not much, but I repainted the tendons of my Sideshow LSB Warrior. Their original transparency and flashy color was hurting my eyes (plus the white glue visible below).
A little "juice" of anthracite gray (in order to keep them transparent), and some wood glue to add a little texture and glossy effect. I like it better this way :).

I also painted the teeth full chrome the day I recieved it, their original color was way too flat, I didn't take a comparison picture though.

Genosha175

Genosha175

This is my Sideshow warrior bust I had repainted.

Vark_

Vark_

Holy crap ! You can handle an airbrush, mate !
Congratulations, this is an awesome job you did there  8) (even if I'm not really into the brown color for warriors).

Genosha175

Genosha175

Thank you :D

I must make clear though I myself did not do the repainting of it. This is the work of Jo at www.Aerograffiti.co.uk

My aim was to get it close to the actual warrior props used in the film, which are black with lots of differing shades of brown, I really dislike the blues and greens most insist on using for the warrior for some reason.

Your tendons now look a lot nicer now though.  :)

Vark_

Vark_

Thanks man, although I feel very little and amateur compared to the pro painting this guy has done for you ;).

I get your point on the color variation too, I never saw the movie props so I have to believe you, but the facts are : I never saw them brown on screen if you asked me, so this may be why most people insist on the blueish shades ;).
I'll have to watch Aliens back closely to be sure !

Genosha175

Genosha175

You're right, the way they look on screen because of the darkness and a lot of blue lighting is to blame for the mass of blue warriors (and queens) everywhere. :laugh:

JokersWarPig

So instead of spending $30 for a berserker mask I decided to customize an existing mask from a previous (failed) project.

This is the mask I'll be using for my fully equipped Bad Blood figure, still needs painting obviously. I'm thinking about making the eyes a metallic red.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Personally if the eyes were black itd make him look colder and death like. Is the helmet washed in red? then black is a good contrast to the color

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Genosha175 on Mar 15, 2015, 03:12:56 PM
You're right, the way they look on screen because of the darkness and a lot of blue lighting is to blame for the mass of blue warriors (and queens) everywhere. :laugh:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=172204&d=1426186486
There are actual blue Alien costumes/props, they were actually painted in myriad colors to match the lighting of the scene. There are red, blue, green, and brown Aliens used throughout the movie.

Genosha175

Genosha175

That's very interesting, I would love to see any pics of blue,green and especially red props from Aliens. I know the queen had some slight blue shades on it, but not to the degree it looks like a smurf like some models etc.

[cancerblack]

Posted these in the AvP miniatures game thread but it's basically dead til the game comes out so I'll put them here too. The started life as various Warhammer (28mm) figures which I've chopped up, re-posed and sculpted new parts for to make Aliens:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed