AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,927 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 18, 2010, 07:29:56 PM
Why not city hunter too.

He was able to deal with mutliple armed opponents in melee, even against a trained cia crew than knew almost everything about him and his habits (jamed his cloack device + hide their heat signature)
+ he smatly decided to run back to his spaceship while his claock device was cut , in order not to be seen (or filmed) by every LA inhabitants or CNN.
+ according to stephen hopkins coments (in the bonus dvd n°2 hunter and the hunted) the trophy room belongs to pussyface too. That's pretty impressive too.

Sure, but we did not get to see Scar's trophy room.  Scar battled Aliens, the kind that could easily wipe out a trained CIA crew. 

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Pussyface wiped out untrained, undisciplined gangs that had no idea what they were up against and a few cops.

Scar's enemies were infinitely more deadly.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 18, 2010, 09:03:04 PM
Pussyface wiped out untrained, undisciplined gangs that had no idea what they were up against and a few cops.

True, but what about all the other creature skulls in Pussyface's trophy case that Harrigan sees at the end of Predator 2. They seem to be just as deadly and if not even more so. Some were as big as a T-Rex.

SiL

SiL

Might not have all been his.

Just sayin'. I know the director disagrees.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Also, Pussyface was hunted and killed by a human cop in hand-to-hand combat, albeit with one missing arm.

My best guess is that Pussyface used a combination of traps and ranged attacks to take down his more dangerous adversaries, the Alien he fought included.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quotebut all things measured as they should be, no other Predator has ever displayed the level of skill Scar has.

Well, they proved themselves in other cases, and since in hunt like Scar was present in never occured in any of earlier predator movies, stating none of his predecessors displayed any skill like that does not deny at all they didn't have that skill. Cannot be compared on this ground. Though as mentioned before, the trophy cabin in p2 is a good stepping stone...

Also Scar was aware of the ambusing alien, saw it before it could start its attack, in that I see no speciality... also not in shooting  of aliens with plasmacaster. Fighting the queen I agree he stood his ground well. 

My best guess is that Pussyface used a combination of traps and ranged attacks to take down his more dangerous adversaries, the Alien he fought included.

And what did Scar use?

He fought not asingle alien in the movie face to face...
My guess is that city hunter didn't own the trophy wall. Even if commentaries say so. He wasn't experienced enough, and he seemed totally like a beginner, or being on a trial. But the alien skull is there. Someone took it. Someone from that hunting party, and that one hunter posesses more skill than Scar, if we're talking about fighting aliens and skill. Because that trophy is for the whole ship, the whole company that was there, something important, not a kill for trial.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 18, 2010, 10:02:23 PM
Also, Pussyface was hunted and killed by a human cop in hand-to-hand combat, albeit with one missing arm.

He was winning that fight until the very end. It's not fair to imply he's lacking in prowess because of one silly mistake.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 18, 2010, 09:03:04 PM

They still able to take down SWAT members quit easily during firefight +
+ Pussyface also wiped out a cia team which really knew his habits and manage to  jam his claock device (+hidde their heat signatures)

Whatever how pussyface died i think he deserved to be considered as a skilled Predator   (other preds or aliens died even more stupidly than him)

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 18, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

Or in melee with his spear ,especially the alien he fought. I mean that both of us are completly speculating about this (the alien skull was a "last time extra", their is no real history behind this skull)
Nobody would be wrong , nobody would be right.

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Nov 18, 2010, 10:22:53 PM

He fought not asingle alien in the movie face to face...
My guess is that city hunter didn't own the trophy wall. Even if commentaries say so. He wasn't experienced enough, and he seemed totally like a beginner, or being on a trial. But the alien skull is there. Someone took it. Someone from that hunting party, and that one hunter posesses more skill than Scar, if we're talking about fighting aliens and skill. Because that trophy is for the whole ship, the whole company that was there, something important, not a kill for trial.

OK , i respect that , but why?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

because of the figthing style he had, and the tactics he used. Also he was way too much cocky at some times (especially assuming that the fleeing Harrigan had NO weapon of any kind, and he exposed himself ), and didn't calculate his moves matching what was needed for the current prey. In case of aliens, I dare say some behaviour or lack of experince puts a short end to the hunt, just like in avp. I don't say he was a bad hunter, or like the ones from vp. But I dooubt he was good enough to hunt and kill an alien.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 18, 2010, 10:32:22 PM
By shooting blindly at them. The most seriously injured SWAT member was the guy El Scorpio nailed as he burst screaming from the room.

Quote+ Pussyface also wiped out a cia team which really knew his habits and manage to  jam his claock device (+hidde their heat signatures)
And if they'd all been armed with real guns they would have cut him down.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Nov 18, 2010, 10:40:34 PM

because of the figthing style he had, and the tactics he used. Also he was way too much cocky at some times (especially assuming that the fleeing Harrigan had NO weapon of any kind, and he exposed himself ), and didn't calculate his moves matching what was needed for the current prey. In case of aliens, I dare say some behaviour or lack of experince puts a short end to the hunt, just like in avp. I don't say he was a bad hunter, or like the ones from vp. But I dooubt he was good enough to hunt and kill an alien.

I dont see why not?

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2010, 10:48:17 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 18, 2010, 10:32:22 PM
By shooting blindly at them. The most seriously injured SWAT member was the guy El Scorpio nailed as he burst screaming from the room.

-The gang member (colombian) who shot the swat member (the one located on a hight possition) with his Steyr Aug would disagree

-Same for the  2 other cops blew aways by the blast of El scorpio's 40mm nades on the car (a 40mm nade blast at this range, even with protections, lead to death in 99% of the cases, 1% for the miracles)

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2010, 10:48:17 PM
Quote+ Pussyface also wiped out a cia team which really knew his habits and manage to  jam his claock device (+hidde their heat signatures)
And if they'd all been armed with real guns they would have cut him down.

Some of keyes' men were armed with M60 machinguns (the same than Mac). Also Keyes' breathing system was cut (break) by a machingun burst that pussyface dodged with a hight jump.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 18, 2010, 11:42:40 PM
-Same for the  2 other cops blew aways by the blast of El scorpio's 40mm nades on the car (a 40mm nade blast at this range, even with protections, lead to death in 99% of the cases, 1% for the miracles)
You're counting blowing up a car with a grenade as a skill now?

Shit man, I could do that.

QuoteSome of keyes' men were armed with M60 machinguns (the same than Mac).
Which is why I said if they had all been armed.

SM

SM

QuoteYou're counting blowing up a car with a grenade as a skill now?

POST PICS!!

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2010, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Nov 18, 2010, 11:42:40 PM
You're counting blowing up a car with a grenade as a skill now?

QuoteSome of keyes' men were armed with M60 machinguns (the same than Mac).
Which is why I said if they had all been armed.

Don't take it bad , but i seriously doubt you would even know how to load it  ;D

More seriously ,hit a car with a weapon you're not used to (i don't think El scropio has a huge nade launcher training behind him) which such different (more complex at short range) trajectories than firearms.
I could agree if you said he was lucky (instead of skilled or unskilled).
But saying that what he did is easy? correctly shot a nade at 2 cops while all their buddies are trying to kill you at the same time? Nope i definitly disagree.

About Keyes team, even if every members of the team would be armed. Until keyes would still alive and give "not lethal orders" nobody would really see a huge benefit (if nobody decid to play the lone wolf).
But if Keyes' team wouldn't been a "capturing team" but a "destruction team", i agree that things would have been different

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed