Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,920 times)

SiL

SiL

Although it sucked from a plotting standpoint, I loved every f**king second of it just to see Predator fans react to the same sort of horseshit Alien fans have put up with since 1989.

Way, way f**king overdue.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2010, 11:00:22 PM
Although it sucked from a plotting standpoint, I loved every f**king second of it just to see Predator fans react to the same sort of horseshit Alien fans have put up with since 1989.

Are you serious? Are you f**king serious?

Ghostface

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpacePredator on Oct 30, 2010, 03:32:23 AM
Hell yes.

f**k Pred fanboys, they deserved it.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2010, 05:07:15 AM
Hell yes.

QTF

SiL

SiL

Equally I love the people who lap up Wolf like he's some saving grace of the franchise. Guy couldn't get shit done for the life of him, and there are people that hail him as a badass.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2010, 05:07:15 AM
Hell yes.

Your taking it on Preds just because the Aliens went through some horseshit movies?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2010, 11:00:22 PM

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I'm with SiL on this one.

One Predator takes out like a bazillion Aliens, repeat for 20 years. Alien fans grin and bear it.

One Alien takes out two Predators. Never happens again. Predator fans are still flipping out.

Yeah, f**k that shit.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2010, 05:13:50 AM
Equally I love the people who lap up Wolf like he's some saving grace of the franchise. Guy couldn't get shit done for the life of him, and there are people that hail him as a badass.

Most people (if not everybody) i know in french's AvP  forums (only the ones i know)  consider him as a huge badass.

To be honest this forum i sthe only one i know (personaly) where it's not recommended to say loudly that Wofl is a badass and that you liked AvPR

But whatever that's not important. It makes this forum more unique  ;D

More seriously i would really like to know why A:R is so much hated? i pretty like it. But i never found the thread about why A:R is hated like AvPR. Can somebody give me a link or reasons? ( simple curiosity)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I don't know about any threads of that nature, but I like AR.

I mean, it's a bad film. A lot of issues, and the Aliens themselves don't play a big enough role and don't feel especially threatening unless they're on-screen.

But I think it's fun to watch.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 30, 2010, 04:39:20 PM
I don't know about any threads of that nature, but I like AR.

I mean, it's a bad film. A lot of issues, and the Aliens themselves don't play a big enough role and don't feel especially threatening unless they're on-screen.

But I think it's fun to watch.

Did you find the actors bad? or the FX were bad?
I just want to know more about why A:R isn't appreciate.  Don't be shy  ;D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The acting is pretty good. I liked the space pirates, anyway, although the military general is too over-the-top. The CGI was good for the time, and I can't fault any of the other effects.

What I disliked were these things:

• The plot premise was pretty bad. Cloning a human being won't result in cloning parasite organisms.
  • The pacing. It interrupts itself too often, and the whole movie could've benefited from the Aliens showing up more often.
  • Not enough Alien stuff. We needed to see more Aliens doing their thing, spread over more time, to feel more threatened.
  • The Newborn comes out of nowhere and dominates the last act of the movie. I came to see Aliens, damnit.
  • It didn't take itself seriously enough. Too much silly humour in a film that's supposed to have an oppressive atmosphere.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 30, 2010, 05:12:17 PM
The acting is pretty good. I liked the space pirates, anyway, although the military general is too over-the-top. The CGI was good for the time, and I can't fault any of the other effects.

What I disliked were these things:

• The plot premise was pretty bad. Cloning a human being won't result in cloning parasite organisms.
  • The pacing. It interrupts itself too often, and the whole movie could've benefited from the Aliens showing up more often.
  • Not enough Alien stuff. We needed to see more Aliens doing their thing, spread over more time, to feel more threatened.
  • The Newborn comes out of nowhere and dominates the last act of the movie. I came to see Aliens, damnit.
  • It didn't take itself seriously enough. Too much silly humour in a film that's supposed to have an oppressive atmosphere.

OK thanks for you answers ;)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 30, 2010, 03:36:58 PM
I'm with SiL on this one.

One Predator takes out like a bazillion Aliens, repeat for 20 years. Alien fans grin and bear it.

One Alien takes out two Predators. Never happens again. Predator fans are still flipping out.

Yeah, f**k that shit.
^This is the truth, I remember reading the first AVP comic and seeing Aliens f*cking massacred, yet I don't see anybody complaining about it. Then once an Alien kills 2 Predators it's "OMG Blaspheme!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed