Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,986 times)

First Blood

First Blood

There was also that small bit of human blood when the predator killed the guy outside the pyramid entrance. His blood went spraying across the snow.

SM

SM

Oh yeah.  Forgot about that bit.  Can you blame me?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2010, 02:32:56 AM
Oh yeah.  Forgot about that bit.  Can you blame me?

Not at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2010, 11:44:16 PM
You'll have to refresh my memory 'cos the only bloody bit I remember from AvP was the laughable Rousseau burster.

Aliens had the colonist burster and Ferro's nasty demise.  Granted not much blood in the grand scheme of things - but a stack more than AvP - which speaks volumes about AvP if Aliens has lots more.  I mean - Sebastian's burster?  How low can a series sink??

I wouldn't even call it a burster. More like it exploded from his chest because it said "balls, host is dead".

SM

SM

Followed by "My, but aren't I clean and free from any of my hosts circulatory fluid!"

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

"That's just not cricket!"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2010, 02:39:15 AM
Followed by "My, but aren't I clean and free from any of my hosts circulatory fluid!"

Swiftly countered with Scar's "Hah, bitch".

WolfPredator10

WolfPredator10

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Sep 29, 2010, 08:57:33 PM
Quote from: WolfPredator10 on Sep 29, 2010, 05:50:16 AM
I voted for AvP-R.
I think AvP-R is more good than AvP. Why ?
Action more intense,
Original Predator sound effects,
Predator looked and acted more like the originals,etc
AvP was good too.

^ Nope, i don't think he is trolling he is just giving his opinion. Which is pretty close of mind about AvPR (i prefer it to AvP by far)
Given his Avatar , signature and name, it's not hard to guess he is an AvPR fan (even if appearances can fool)

That's Right ! +10

SiL

SiL

You'll have to refresh my memory 'cos the only bloody bit I remember from AvP was the laughable Rousseau burster.
And the guy getting sliced up by Scar in the grotto.

They both have all of two shots of blood. Although AvP has a shitload more guts in it. They just aren't human.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Rousseau? Was that a character's name? A philosophy reference, perhaps? :P (Joke: I don't think AVP is that deep).

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 30, 2010, 09:43:29 AM
Rousseau? Was that a character's name? A philosophy reference, perhaps? :P (Joke: I don't think AVP is that deep).

Don't be so sure. Given the final scene the where scar and lex run "in love" . This movie could belong to the romantic literature movement where Rousseau was a precursor. (if i remeber well)  :D :D ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Is the end of AVP a metaphor for Emile? The dangers of man shunning civilisation and re-entering a state of nature which he is now unequipped to deal with, thereby showing the dreadful, sad necessity of the social contract.

:D

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 30, 2010, 10:23:16 AM
Is the end of AVP a metaphor for Emile? The dangers of man shunning civilisation and re-entering a state of nature which he is now unequipped to deal with, thereby showing the dreadful, sad necessity of the social contract.

:D

^ROFL  :D :D :D :D  :D

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteOriginal Predator sound effects,
Predator looked and acted more like the originals,etc

Eeee, I am not so sure, roar, shoulder cannon, cloak, wristbaldes do not sound like the original. Clicking is okay. and no problem with not sounding the same, because city hunter didn't sound like jungle hunter (at least not all the time)... though Wolf had some avpish sounds also... :(

Design wise yes, Wolf looked more predatorish than avp preds... but he didn't act so much better. Gestures and body language was better for sure.... but retarded way of fighting, kicking door, trying pistol (seriously, it is something I do not comprehend).... no thanks. Though I think in fact design wise he was better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 29, 2010, 09:00:45 PM
Barely any.

Yeah man, that's so right.

That's only the tip of the completely unseasonal iceberg though (see what I did there?)
*Weird nose noises*
That got me.

Regarding AvPR having original Predator sounds... so ironic, because it lacks the signature roar (oh, included in AvP!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed