Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,870 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If they're gutting him and ripping his skin off, he likely wouldn't be able to :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I was emphasizing it.
Picture the end of the flashback in AvP.
Switch location to Hospital Rooftop.
Erase the other 2 Predators.
Switch main Predator with Wolf.
Have him bloody, on the ground, activating his wristbomb.
The Predalien schfwumps him and roars gloriously, only to be destroyed by the bomb.

Likin' it? :P

Necrokult

Necrokult

Avpr  cause i dont like the scar pred from avp, it seems hes the good one cooperating with humans, dont like that, i like badass preds ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 04, 2010, 04:52:38 PM
I was emphasizing it.
Picture the end of the flashback in AvP.
Switch location to Hospital Rooftop.
Erase the other 2 Predators.
Switch main Predator with Wolf.
Have him bloody, on the ground, activating his wristbomb.
The Predalien schfwumps him and roars gloriously, only to be destroyed by the bomb.

Likin' it? :P

Yeah, I do actually.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Necrokult on Sep 04, 2010, 05:01:57 PM
Avpr  cause i dont like the scar pred from avp, it seems hes the good one cooperating with humans, dont like that, i like badass preds ;)

So you prefer incompetent ones? ;)

Necrokult

Necrokult

yes brutal ones LOL like the velociraptors nublarensis, not the sornaensis ;)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can't believe I know what you meant by that... :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Those speculative theories... ah teh hate!!1 *head explodes*

AvP Predators were 100x better than Wolf. You know why? They fought worthy opponents. Wolf fought babies.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 07, 2010, 08:35:31 AM
Those speculative theories... ah teh hate!!1 *head explodes*

AvP Predators were 100x better than Wolf. You know why? They fought worthy opponents. Wolf fought babies.

Wolf wasnt there for a right of passage, he was there to clean up. I doubt the abilities of the aliens mattered one way or the other to him.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, yes they do. Wolf did a lot of naive, if really unexperienced things in the film he stars in. If the Aliens were any like the precedent films, the job would've been hella more difficult, and probably the Predator would be dead halfway through the film (but would anyway activate the wristbomb, thus delivering the job anyway). And no, I'm not talking about Alien/Predator strength/qualities being superior/inferior to the other. Other Predators in the place of Wolf would do a much better work. And, any other Aliens would give hell in Earth to Wolf. He turned his back on the Aliens. He held 2 by the neck (without those reacting) and was going to shoot one point blank (and we all know what shot+point blank+Alien means, don't we?), not counting he left half-a minute to an opponent to strike. The Predalien didn't attack by any means during this timespan, but put solely as an example the A3 Runner Alien in its place. Would the situation be the same? Hell no.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 07, 2010, 09:11:52 AM
Yes, yes they do. Wolf did a lot of naive, if really unexperienced things in the film he stars in. If the Aliens were any like the precedent films, the job would've been hella more difficult, and probably the Predator would be dead halfway through the film (but would anyway activate the wristbomb, thus delivering the job anyway). And no, I'm not talking about Alien/Predator strength/qualities being superior/inferior to the other. Other Predators in the place of Wolf would do a much better work. And, any other Aliens would give hell in Earth to Wolf. He turned his back on the Aliens. He held 2 by the neck (without those reacting) and was going to shoot one point blank (and we all know what shot+point blank+Alien means, don't we?), not counting he left half-a minute to an opponent to strike. The Predalien didn't attack by any means during this timespan, but put solely as an example the A3 Runner Alien in its place. Would the situation be the same? Hell no.

Totally agree with you, but if the aliens were more competent, I'm sure Wolf would have acted accordingly. I wouldn't fight a child the same as I would fight an adult (not that I would fight a child but u get the picture.)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I get what you mean, and I'd agree if Wolf didn't seem to ignore a characteristic common to all Aliens... alas, the pretty corroding acid blood. Hell, he got the burn on his face and yet still he wants to shoot the Alien point blank? Even assuming his helmet is resistant, acid would go on arm, neck and torso, resulting in... well, we know what. That is unexperienced. Scar's curriculum beats that of Wolf anytime.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Yeh valid. I think we can blame the BS for mistreatment of both species.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

After listening to the commentary of AvPR I really changed opinion about 'em... some ideas they had and explain just make me shudder (Predalien X-Ray vision); some statements (he [The Predalien] prefers pregnant women because there's more food for the embryos, y'now like a picnic) left me astoundingly disgusted... seriously, for saying, thinking, conceiving something like that, one must have a twisted mentality, no more or less.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 07, 2010, 09:46:40 AM
After listening to the commentary of AvPR I really changed opinion about 'em... some ideas they had and explain just make me shudder (Predalien X-Ray vision); some statements (he [The Predalien] prefers pregnant women because there's more food for the embryos, y'now like a picnic) left me astoundingly disgusted... seriously, for saying, thinking, conceiving something like that, one must have a twisted mentality, no more or less.
Agreed. There's a Alien Experience interview along those lines too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed