Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,881 times)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteYes, if he took his time doing things the Predator way, it would lead to more aliens being born...

...And that's good.
More Aliens= more Prey.
More prey is good for any hunter.

Well, but I don't think it was a hunt. If Wolf has been on a hunt, it would be probably normal for him to take his time and skin his victims. The fact he is a predator seems to be less important in this case than his mission. I don't think Wolf was hunting, and this is where our opinions seem to differ. More prey is not a good thing here, as aliens can spread anywhere, and the growing number of this prey would be uncontrollabele for the hunter. Even if it was a hunt (which imo wasn't) it could simply become a slaughterhouse, which is definitely not a good thing. But for this you must agree that Wolf is on a mission which is superior to the goal of hunting. Of course the methods are the same, but the goals are totally different.
Totally right point about the skinning. It's function is unknown (btw I think it's a sign to the preys).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Feb 24, 2010, 08:06:59 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
Isn't it? Why would he care about the infestation in the first place? He could just let it be.
Do you watch movies about cops and call it a plot hole that they care about fighting crime in the first place? :-\

That's different. Crime needs to be stopped; that's black and white. An Alien outbreak has nothing to do with Wolf.

Keg

Keg

Wow more people like AVPR than AVP. I know theyre both bad but that is a shock,

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Quote from: Keg on Feb 25, 2010, 03:06:43 AM

AVP Isn't bad its excellent! it basically gives the story of how Aliens & Predators met and what they are doing. Think of it like a DNA strand (double helix). a Dna strand is like a manual for humans and everything that lives. It bascially breaks down of what you are. How your made. how you look like your parents. so AVP is the basic manual to like understand these two Great Killers found each other and their purpose.

AVPR is just some wild goose chase that doesn't make much sense.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2010, 02:11:33 AM
Isn't it? Why would he care about the infestation in the first place? He could just let it be.
Do you watch movies about cops and call it a plot hole that they care about fighting crime in the first place? :-\

That's different. Crime needs to be stopped; that's black and white. An Alien outbreak has nothing to do with Wolf.

The point is we as fans have sufficient knowledge to know that it's not a 'wtf' moment if he decides to have a little game hunting.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Bevo2506 on Feb 25, 2010, 03:35:25 AM

AVP Isn't bad its excellent! it basically gives the story of how Aliens & Predators met and what they are doing. Think of it like a DNA strand (double helix). a Dna strand is like a manual for humans and everything that lives. It bascially breaks down of what you are. How your made. how you look like your parents. so AVP is the basic manual to like understand these two Great Killers found each other and their purpose.

AVPR is just some wild goose chase that doesn't make much sense.

I thought it was okay, but that's taking it a little far.

The Demon

The Demon

Crime needs to be stopped, but not an Alien outbreak. Alright. I gotcha. Makes sense.  ;)

Humans are one the Predator's favorite prey. I don't think they want Earth's grounds infested with Aliens. Notice how they had that temple contained for the most part.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Your avatar describes perfectly my feeling about this.

SiL

SiL

That's different.
Not in the least.

Why do those particular people care? Why aren't they criminals instead? Why aren't they apathetic? Why aren't they desk jockeys?

An Alien outbreak has as much to do with Wolf as a breaking and entering down the street does to you or me - maybe not a whole heap to us personally, but in the grander scheme of things, probably a good idea to not let it happen.

Or, more simply, given they strap nuclear bombs to their wrists every time they go outside to play just in case they get cornered, I think it's safe to assume that cleaning up their mess is a pretty big priority to these guys, and Wolf just so happens to be a dude who does the cleaning.

Why does he do it, specifically? Who cares, it's not important - All we need to know is that when someone drops the ball, Wolf swings in to pick it up. It's what he does.

Well, supposedly.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yeah, wiping out a town, the surrounding countryside and providing the humans with plasma technology certainly counts as 'dropping the ball' to me.

SiL

SiL

I like to think that Wolf was a mentally handicapped Pred and his handler was out buying groceries when he got the message about the ship crashing.

Which actually makes the whole movie rather sad. He just wanted to play with the big boys and look what happened :'(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Feb 25, 2010, 12:02:50 PM
I like to think that Wolf was a mentally handicapped Pred and his handler was out buying groceries when he got the message about the ship crashing.

Which actually makes the whole movie rather sad. He just wanted to play with the big boys and look what happened :'(
Best interpretation ever!  ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SiL on Feb 25, 2010, 12:02:50 PM

Fortunately he was fighting a brain-damaged strain of Aliens.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I found an appropriate ending for the mentally handicapped poor Wolf. If this was the real ending, maybe I'd have given an extra point to avpr, now it would be 1/10 :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBf9d53HX2U

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Giving the Predalien some actual glory... I really like it :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed