Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,909 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Then we all have collectively screwed up eyesight and you're seeing things correctly.

Whatever the issue is, we can't properly see what's going on.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I've only seen AvP:R I think twice, but honestly, I don't remember the lighting being that big of an issue. It was bad at times, but I don't remember it being too dark to see anything. The lighting is the least of my problems with that film.

Been a long while since I've seen it though.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 09, 2010, 05:46:49 AM
I've only seen AvP:R I think twice, but honestly, I don't remember the lighting being that big of an issue. It was bad at times, but I don't remember it being to dark to see anything. The lighting is the least of my problems with that film.

Been a long while since I've seen it though.

Were you tripping on acid? It was way to dark at times.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I said it was bad at times.

Either way, I'm far more concerned with story, characters, portrayal of species, acting... things of real substance.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

All of which were awful.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 09, 2010, 11:00:12 AM
Either way, I'm far more concerned with story, characters, portrayal of species, acting... things of real substance.

I have to agree with you there. I can't see why people are still so hung up about the lighting aspect. The rest of the movie sucked just as much if not more.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 09, 2010, 11:25:27 AM
All of which were awful.

Thats being too kind.

superdeathpredator

superdeathpredator

My favorite was avpr because it was a fun rated r movie to watch. The predator looked and acted cool. Same with aliens. But the darkness barely affected me it set the movies tone! So in all avpr is my pick

Taxemic

Taxemic

I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd share my opinion here first. I don't have the time nor patience to read through all of the 117 pages of this thread so please forgive me if I repeat something someone else has already said.

Since Predator hinted that Aliens and Predators were part of the same universe I have been deeply excited and interested in the whole concept. My hopes were forfilled with the release of the AVP, AVP 2 and Primal Hunt on pc. The games were dark and really had the feel of the original movies. Since then I had long expected a film, but had to wait so long.

I hate Fox for allowing Paul W.S. Anderson to create the first film. That man (in my opinion) also ruined the Resident Evil films, which I had been a fan of the game from a young age. I feel like he took other peoples ideas and tried to make them his own. As a fan, I want to see what a game would look like in real life, not someone elses idea with different characters and different stories. I felt that AVP the movie was doomed the moment it was set on Earth, in the ice, in a pyramid. Who builds pyramids in the ice anyway?? I believe the should have stayed true to the games and introduced the Predator into the Alien world. The Aliens in the film were no where near as scary as they should have been.

That said I think the lads who directed AVPR done a better job. It's just a shame they did it as a follow on from the first movie as I believe if they had directed the first one, it could have been a much better picture.

I am so looking forward to the new game. I think it has the atmosphere that all AVP fans crave, with better graphics than previous titles. And hope that if they do make an AVP 3 film, it is better than it's two predecessors.

Taxemic

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 11, 2010, 11:56:44 PM
I hate Fox for allowing Paul W.S. Anderson to create the first film. That man (in my opinion) also ruined the Resident Evil films, which I had been a fan of the game from a young age. I feel like he took other peoples ideas and tried to make them his own. As a fan, I want to see what a game would look like in real life, not someone elses idea with different characters and different stories.

Shane Salerno wrote the script, not Anderson.

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 11, 2010, 11:56:44 PMI felt that AVP the movie was doomed the moment it was set on Earth, in the ice, in a pyramid. Who builds pyramids in the ice anyway??

No-one. The regions currently coated in ice were lush when the pyramids were built, as the film makes clear.

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 11, 2010, 11:56:44 PMI believe the should have stayed true to the games and introduced the Predator into the Alien world. The Aliens in the film were no where near as scary as they should have been.

Almost everyone agrees on this.

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 11, 2010, 11:56:44 PMThat said I think the lads who directed AVPR done a better job. It's just a shame they did it as a follow on from the first movie as I believe if they had directed the first one, it could have been a much better picture.

Oh Christ no.

At least AvP1's one, earnest Alien-fights-Predator fight scene was tense and kept us guessing. Requiem's scenes were all flaccid with predictability. There's a formula.

Are there Aliens? If yes,
Is the Predator in the scene? If yes,
Aliens suffer from crippling mental damage. Then,
Predator kicks them around like a grown man kicking around toddlers.

The Aliens were rendered a non-issue and Wolf fought like a schoolyard bully. He left himself open, didn't fight ruthlessly and went out of his way to do dumb things that contradicted his mission.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 12, 2010, 01:12:57 AM
Shane Salerno wrote the script, not Anderson.
Anderson wrote AvP, Salerno did rewrites.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I choose to blame Salerno retroactively due to AvPR.

EarthHive

EarthHive

I blame everyone.

Taxemic

Taxemic

I got nothing against Anderson, infact Event Horizon is one of my favourite horror films. As far as the film goes though, I bet there are more than a few members of this forum who could have wrote a better, more original concept. For the majority it seems that both films have dissapointed fans. I think we deserve the game NOW lol. Will anyone ever come close to the originals? hmmm

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Probably not. Most scripts will favour one of the two species, destroying the horror of the other one. One of AvP1's few strong points was its balanced perspective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed