Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,002 times)

Nobody

Nobody

After seeing the Unrated Versions of Both movies, I would have to say I overly enjoyed the extra scenes and things in AvP compared to AvP-R

"When the second AvP movie was announced, everyone's like, 'Aw sweet! Finally cool. Its in the city!' And then half of the movie's in the sewers.. and.."

PredatorIII

PredatorIII

AvP    135 (38.7%)   
AvPR    214 (61.3%)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thank you for posting what is already obvious and contributing nothing to the discussion.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Hi guys, my first post here. Hate to be a noob on the forum but what can I do.

I gotta say Im absolutely SHOCKED by the vote. Im a member of few movie and music forums, and avpR is always cited amongst Batman& Robin and Battlefield Earth for the worst movie that ever graced the screen.
Now whenever some director says that he's a fan and he'll do a movie for the fans people go "oh-oh, remember what Strass bros said"?

I loved AVP. I thought its the modern day 'Aliens' and one of the best movies of the decade. Expeition heading towards the uknown, full of specs in different areas. And the great adventure aspect - we have Predators which I loved because I adore the first movie, and Scar has the same mask. And we finally get to see Alien Queen in action again and the female heroine. I thought it was terrific despite some franchise flaws.

AVPR was basically MTV's Laguna Beach with Aliens. It was the typical, cliche filled teen horror with corny overeacting and brainless plot ala Transfromers. The MTV bits (the whole teenager stuff) really made me cringe, and it was a corny B movie by-the-books. SMall town with teenagers in a lead role, attacked by some monsters: typical B straight to video crap (Critters, Killer Klowns or The Blob anybody?). Oh, and I really liked the sculpted design of Predalien, but what made the screen was so lame that I couldnt understand how anybody would greenlit something like that

Anyway, I hope to have a good time being finally amongst the fellow Aliens and Predator fans

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Boobs and blood. That's all the people desire.

I've finally figured out how to increae the brightness of my tv, so Ill rewatch AvPR and see if I get a better opinion of it.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jan 22, 2009, 09:58:13 PM
Boobs and blood. That's all the people desire.

nice asses is all i desire. and blood.................sorry :-X

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

Neither the AvP nor AvP:R is good movie. They have theirs faults, but I tend towards the first one, although the second is more violent and more blooded. But AvP has great scenery and I really regret that the movie-makers didn't use it as the advantage. So I vote AvP.

nukem11

nukem11

I watched AVP on film 4 the other night and I have to say its much more easy to watch. its better directed the actors aren't as annoying as the AVP R ones.

When ever its on i probably watch it and I just see it as bit fun. I can understand where James Cameron was coming from now its not as bad as I thought.

Obviously I still have a problem with the 12 rating and the Predator looking to fat and the fact the two predators got taken out to easily. I dont mind them dying but atleast put up more of a fight not as soon as you see them on the screen fighting they die straight away. So they could have handled all the fights better.
And I still cringed when Lex runs off with the predator to the nest and when they escape. I didn't mind the Predator giving her a weopen but once that was done he should have told her to go and get out or something.

So over all I would still give it 2/5 but its much more watchable than AVP R which had the gore but was just a complete mess of a film.

Cyraxcog117

Cyraxcog117

Avpr becaus the predator didn't get it's ass kicked within the first 40 minutes

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: cyraxcog117 on Jan 26, 2009, 01:19:44 AM

That's a sound reasoning if you really like Predators.

Is that the only reason why you see the movie as superior?

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jan 26, 2009, 10:12:50 AM
Quote from: cyraxcog117 on Jan 26, 2009, 01:19:44 AM

That's a sound reasoning if you really like Predators.

Is that the only reason why you see the movie as superior?

seems weird for me too. It sounds like we're talking about a video game or a cartoon. Does a story, plot and setting doesnt mean anything anymore? Or is it strictly a Mortal Kombat type of a thing nowadays

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Mortal Kombat aspect is a large part of a vs. movie. So it does matter to an extent.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

yeah, to an extent. But aliens and predator movies were always much more than its monster. It was the plot, the characters and the tension. I wouldnt wanna see just a simple bland King Kong vs Godzilla kind of a thing

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No argument there. Like we agree on, to an extent, it matters.

dachande89

dachande89

I just rewatched AVP, and I got some new respect for Scar. He was a pretty kick ass hunter, but my vote still stays with Wolf. But in the end, I still enjoy both films, and thats all that matters to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed