NECA Predators Series 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 06, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

Author
NECA Predators Series 3 (Read 246,567 times)

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I'm not really interested in figures, and I've only got two (NECA Predators Series 3 Action Figures: Masked Classic Predator and NECA Predator 1:4 Scale Action Figures: Predator Closed Mouth Version), and even then they were a birthday presents. But I quite like the look of the NECA Series 3 Elder Predator. I think may purchase him when he goes on sale.

Taraka

Taraka

Quote from: Vecrotus on Sep 11, 2011, 12:34:43 PM
I'm not really interested in figures, and I've only got two (NECA Predators Series 3 Action Figures: Masked Classic Predator and NECA Predator 1:4 Scale Action Figures: Predator Closed Mouth Version), and even then they were a birthday presents. But I quite like the look of the NECA Series 3 Elder Predator. I think may purchase him when he goes on sale.

Good luck with that. The Elder and P1 are scarce. The hounds are everywhere. They'll probably b on sale soon. But not the Elder and P1.

Peakius Baragonius

Peakius Baragonius

I recently moved to another country for a year or so and thus haven't been active much lately, but the Series 3 figures went with me on the flight! They are absolutely fantastic, and quite possibly the best series yet!

As far as masked Anytime goes, no matter how many of the previous variants you have...you NEED to get this figure. The paint completely blows every other variant out of the water and is a VAST improvement over that horrible 2-Pack figure. The armor is shiny and, combined with the wonderfully glossy skin, looks REAL. Even the plasma caster's paint perfectly matches up with the rest of the armor.

The Elder is really cool too, even if some small details are disappointing. On the bright side, no broken elbow joints, thankfully! Vecrotus, I would definitely try to track this one down because it is an absolute must have. I just wish I knew a thing about custom sculpting so that I could add the laser sights to the caster. If anyone has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it, and I promise you I won't send my hound after you!

Speaking of the hound, I've named him Fido, and given him a leash of sorts. Despite some minor imperfection in the alignment of the horns, Fido (or Timmy, alternatively) is pretty cool, even if he'll look much better with a second hound. Alas, his master the Tracker is still waiting to be delivered to our new house, so Fido is without a master for the time being.   

Overall, this series is a must have for Predator fans. We've all been waiting a year and a half for NECA to give up these guys and improve the quality on the line, and they've finally delivered. The transition to the new factory was definitely worth the wait.

Taraka

Taraka

I just got my SDCC Gort Pred...am I the only one that got one in ill quality?

It's not horrible, I'm not going to open it. But I noticed the Bubble isn't even on the card, the chest strap on Gort is not attatched, and there's gaps in the joints.

xeno killer

xeno killer

My Elder Pred and Classic arrived yesterday!! awesome! ;D

gigantitan

gigantitan

can someone help me? the legs of my classic predator can't move in the knee, what should i do? i'm afraid to break it

Shadow

Shadow

i read someon's tip on hot water in one of the threads here, so i tried tapping hot water and hold it under it then carefully bend as the glue or paint thats stuck in the joint softens up, do it carefully though. my classics knees are now fully working, so is my tracker and falconers elbows

samoht

samoht

Quote from: gigantitan on Sep 14, 2011, 02:56:55 PM
can someone help me? the legs of my classic predator can't move in the knee, what should i do? i'm afraid to break it

Hot water

Glaive10

Glaive10

I finally received the Elder and Classic on Saturday and the right arm snapped off at the elbow on the Classic, not fussed just glued it back on but really impressed with the paint. Just a few minor things to do to it, with the Elder will carry out a bit more of a repaint and some minor adjustments

gigantitan

gigantitan

thaks for the advice of the hot water

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Well, it turns out no store in my area carries these.
So I have to order online ( And pay shipping D: ) and for now can only get one.
So, to those who have already bought them, which should I get?
Anytime, or the Elder?
I'll probably be repainting whichever one I get, as I'm not sure if I like their paint apps.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 15, 2011, 01:29:39 AM
Anytime, or the Elder?
I'll probably be repainting whichever one I get, as I'm not sure if I like their paint apps.

Well apparently Anytime has an uber awesome paint job. Elder, not so much. But elder is kinda cooler coz he comes with all sorts of extra shit

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: samoht on Sep 15, 2011, 07:22:25 AM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Sep 15, 2011, 01:29:39 AM
Anytime, or the Elder?

Well apparently Anytime has an uber awesome paint job. Elder, not so much. But elder is kinda cooler coz he comes with all sorts of extra shit

This. Anytime's paintjob is far superior to all other NECA preds to date. The elder looks great, but it's paintjob is what you would expect from NECA.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ah, this pleases Fitzgerald.
I'll just go with Anytime then. Now I just need to save up an extra ten bucks to cover the extra cost from the online store and shipping.

MasterRich

MasterRich

Just got him today :)

I have Adam Jensen from Deus Ex HR also at work on my desk standing next to him! Running out of desk space with all my cars and stuff haha. But I'm wanting to get more ^_^

NECA Series 3 Classic Masked Predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed