Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 142,831 times)

Xenoscream

Damn, I like the big ship.

Engineers look horrible.

I wonder why there are all milling around in that massive open area, almost like they all left the city to go and stand about. Could it be they haven't had any visitors for a long time?

These guys are not 10ft tall that's for sure.

Bojo

Maybe it's still xmas and they're having a big fat festival. ;D

Infected

Quote from: Xenoscream on Apr 16, 2017, 11:41:08 AM

Engineers look horrible.

I wonder why there are all milling around in that massive open area, almost like they all left the city to go and stand about. Could it be they haven't had any visitors for a long time?

It has something to do with the scorpion tale looking ship, and why dont they look like tall engineers?

shawsbaby

Quote from: Infected on Apr 16, 2017, 11:47:29 AM

Engineers look horrible.

It has something to do with the scorpion tale looking ship, and why dont they look like tall engineers?

There's 2,000 years between the Engineers we saw in Prometheus and these guys. That might have something to do with how they look now? Perhaps they've (d)evolved to be shorter, more human in feature.

And yeah, I think you're right - maybe they are all confused by the arrival of this ship no one expects and they all gather to check it out,
Spoiler
unwittingly setting themselves up for massacre.
[close]

Infected

Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 16, 2017, 11:57:36 AM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 16, 2017, 11:47:29 AM

Engineers look horrible.

There's 2,000 years between the Engineers we saw in Prometheus and these guys. That might have something to do with how they look now? Perhaps they've (d)evolved to be shorter, more human in feature.

And yeah, I think you're right - maybe they are all confused by the arrival of this ship no one expects and they all gather to check it out,
Spoiler
unwittingly setting themselves up for massacre.
[close]
I think these are the "politicians" on an engineer level.

Yeah but there is also a Juggernaut hanging next to the scorpion tale

fernandito

Given that Paradise seems to be an also terraformed planet rather than their birth origin one, perhaps their smaller size has to do with the planet gravitational field being stronger. And yeah It's also kind of dumb they are all right there, standing like sitting ducks for the epic LeLz that David is about to release upon them.

I also don't like the contrast of the Giger tech (the big scorpion tail, the derelict-type ships, etc) with that Citadel and them urban constructions. So much Star Trek and Star Wars in the end, instead of making the Jockeys a true Biomechanoid race of some sort, or just a race of nanobots who trascended their biological existance long ago, and conform every single piece of the their tech we see, such as the derelict, the jockey, and the very alien as another piece of their tech. Either of the two alternate approaches would have made the Jockeys justice at least.

Scott has really gone the easy star trek way with the Jockey Retconning. All hope left is these ain't the true Jockeys, which of course sounds like the fool's errand at this point.

Molecules

Yeah, they are very reminiscent of a Star Trek alien race of the week. Especially the costumes.

windebieste

I don't understand...  In what way has Scott retconned the Space Jockey? 

-Windebieste.

lv_226

Quote from: Bojo on Apr 16, 2017, 11:43:50 AM
Maybe it's still xmas and they're having a big fat festival. ;D
"It's Christmas, and I want to open my presents!"

Necronomicon II

I doubt they all engage in dangerous biological experimentation/engineering, their civilization would surely have classes.

Infected

Its like Alien all over, we will probably see this scene like for 2minutes, as with the jockey scene in Alien, and we are already talking about that, it probably intruges us more then the whole xenomorph run and hide stuff.
Ironically

Molecules

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 16, 2017, 12:47:35 PM
I don't understand...  In what way has Scott retconned the Space Jockey? 

-Windebieste.

Well this complaint comes up with regard to proportions. People have always complained that Prometheus depicting the Space Jockey as a pilot suit for a large humanoid did not match up with the original, which depending on who you asked either looked like a fossilised alien (although you could write this off as the suit having bio-tech which decomposed), or looked like a suit for a creature with a much larger chest cavity and thinner/longer arms.
But for all intents and purposes, it has been retconned and the humanoid proportions of the 'suit shot' in Prometheus are now canon.

fernandito

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 16, 2017, 01:11:12 PM
I doubt they all engage in dangerous biological experimentation/engineering, their civilization would surely have classes.
these ones look more like elders, rulers or something

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 16, 2017, 01:32:30 PM
these ones look more like elders, rulers or something
Ah abuelito you may be right.

rabidranger

Agreed, which is why the Engineers have been referred to as a civilization rather than a race. The Engineers we see saw in Prometheus might have been the military arm. It's also possible (probable) their civilization has changed (evolved?) over time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed